File copy / LAN

DL

File copy / LAN
Having a new PC with Vista Business edition, 2gb ram, dual core 2mhz, I
connected to my wireless LAN & found that file copy / transfers were
appallingly slow. So much so that I had to use an external usb drive.
The same process is of no problem on my WinXp & Win2k PC's.
Am I missing something? other than that I dont seem to have any other
performance issues
(I have checked updates)

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: File copy / LAN
You may want to disable auto-tuning. These links may help.

How to disable Auto-tuning on Windows Vista
http://www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I have a
mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > > business)
Two are Vista . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Having a new PC with Vista Business edition, 2gb ram, dual core 2mhz, I
> connected to my wireless LAN & found that file copy / transfers were
> appallingly slow. So much so that I had to use an external usb drive.
> The same process is of no problem on my WinXp & Win2k PC's.
> Am I missing something? other than that I dont seem to have any other
> performance issues
> (I have checked updates)

Mr Phenom

Re: File copy / LAN

other than that you'll have to wait for windows vista sp1 to be released
sometime this month

(january 2008)

--
Mr Phenom
DL

Re: File copy / LAN
Well despite being logged on as the Administrator the command returns;
'..........failed on IPv4.......requires elevation'

PS I'm not on a Domain, soho LAN via netgear FM114P router (wired & wreless)
I'll try hardwireing this PC when I get some downtime & retest

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
> You may want to disable auto-tuning. These links may help.
>
> How to disable Auto-tuning on Windows Vista
> http://www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm
>
> Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I have
> a mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > >
> business) Two are Vista . ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
>> Having a new PC with Vista Business edition, 2gb ram, dual core 2mhz, I
>> connected to my wireless LAN & found that file copy / transfers were
>> appallingly slow. So much so that I had to use an external usb drive.
>> The same process is of no problem on my WinXp & Win2k PC's.
>> Am I missing something? other than that I dont seem to have any other
>> performance issues
>> (I have checked updates)

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: File copy / LAN
This post may help.

Set command failed requested ...Set command failed requested operation
requires elevation ... when running "netsh interface tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disabled" command in Vista, ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1619

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

> Well despite being logged on as the Administrator the command returns;
> '..........failed on IPv4.......requires elevation'
>
> PS I'm not on a Domain, soho LAN via netgear FM114P router (wired &
> wreless)
> I'll try hardwireing this PC when I get some downtime & retest
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> You may want to disable auto-tuning. These links may help.
>>
>> How to disable Auto-tuning on Windows Vista
>> http://www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm
>>
>> Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I
>> have a mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > >
>> business) Two are Vista . ...
>> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm
>>

>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
>>> Having a new PC with Vista Business edition, 2gb ram, dual core 2mhz, I
>>> connected to my wireless LAN & found that file copy / transfers were
>>> appallingly slow. So much so that I had to use an external usb drive.
>>> The same process is of no problem on my WinXp & Win2k PC's.
>>> Am I missing something? other than that I dont seem to have any other
>>> performance issues
>>> (I have checked updates)

DL

Re: File copy / LAN
OK, thanks
However makes no difference to file copy speed