please help its driving me insane

djchina74

please help its driving me insane

i used advanced vista optimiser to give my laptop a good clean out as i
do every week. but this time when i went to log on the diagnostic comes
and says either change proxy settings or try resetting local connection
setting. i tried resetting many a time which as done no good. web
address bar states where its going but the diag box comes on again.so in
the mean time while this is all going on a new tab keeps on opening by
its self and saying the same thing,this started to happen before i
cleaned my l.p but it was just redirecting to a blank page. that is why
i did the clean.anyhow resetting the lan did not work so i reset the
internet expolorer in the tools on the bar. which as worked but the same
thing is still happening with the tab ,but now its redirecting to all
the freebiee sites and it will not stop. i have spyware-adware-trojan
software on my l.p and still no good it did pick up 3 infections which
it sorted out, its driving me f*&^%*ng nuts please help

--
djchina74
djchina74

Re: please help its driving me insane

three warnings flashed up when running this program:- u torrant
=trojan, CWS.Searchmeup= hijacker, ISTBAR= HIJACKER. PLEASE INFORM me if
these are the ones because i have the web address fo all of them.

--
djchina74
Rick Rogers

Re: please help its driving me insane
Hi,

I have no idea what "advanced vista optimiser" is, but I would see if it has
an "undo" function to fix the damage its done. Sounds like some malware has
taken over the system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"djchina74" <djchina74.33ifs1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> i used advanced vista optimiser to give my laptop a good clean out as i
> do every week. but this time when i went to log on the diagnostic comes
> and says either change proxy settings or try resetting local connection
> setting. i tried resetting many a time which as done no good. web
> address bar states where its going but the diag box comes on again.so in
> the mean time while this is all going on a new tab keeps on opening by
> its self and saying the same thing,this started to happen before i
> cleaned my l.p but it was just redirecting to a blank page. that is why
> i did the clean.anyhow resetting the lan did not work so i reset the
> internet expolorer in the tools on the bar. which as worked but the same
> thing is still happening with the tab ,but now its redirecting to all
> the freebiee sites and it will not stop. i have spyware-adware-trojan
> software on my l.p and still no good it did pick up 3 infections which
> it sorted out, its driving me f*&^%*ng nuts please help
>

> --
> djchina74

Mike Hall - MVP

> Hi,
>
> I have no idea what "advanced vista optimiser" is, but I would see if it
> has an "undo" function to fix the damage its done. Sounds like some
> malware has taken over the system.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "djchina74" <djchina74.33ifs1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> i used advanced vista optimiser to give my laptop a good clean out as i
>> do every week. but this time when i went to log on the diagnostic comes
>> and says either change proxy settings or try resetting local connection
>> setting. i tried resetting many a time which as done no good. web
>> address bar states where its going but the diag box comes on again.so in
>> the mean time while this is all going on a new tab keeps on opening by
>> its self and saying the same thing,this started to happen before i
>> cleaned my l.p but it was just redirecting to a blank page. that is why
>> i did the clean.anyhow resetting the lan did not work so i reset the
>> internet expolorer in the tools on the bar. which as worked but the same
>> thing is still happening with the tab ,but now its redirecting to all
>> the freebiee sites and it will not stop. i have spyware-adware-trojan
>> software on my l.p and still no good it did pick up 3 infections which
>> it sorted out, its driving me f*&^%*ng nuts please help
>>

>> --
>> djchina74

Rick

This perhaps..

http://www.advancedvistaoptimizer.co...FQh3MAodpRgdqg

No contact info, land mail address, nothing. Just a bunch of claims..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Rick Rogers

Re: please help its driving me insane
Yeah, that's sort of scary.

--

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have no idea what "advanced vista optimiser" is, but I would see if it
>> has an "undo" function to fix the damage its done. Sounds like some
>> malware has taken over the system.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "djchina74" <djchina74.33ifs1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> i used advanced vista optimiser to give my laptop a good clean out as i
>>> do every week. but this time when i went to log on the diagnostic comes
>>> and says either change proxy settings or try resetting local connection
>>> setting. i tried resetting many a time which as done no good. web
>>> address bar states where its going but the diag box comes on again.so in
>>> the mean time while this is all going on a new tab keeps on opening by
>>> its self and saying the same thing,this started to happen before i
>>> cleaned my l.p but it was just redirecting to a blank page. that is why
>>> i did the clean.anyhow resetting the lan did not work so i reset the
>>> internet expolorer in the tools on the bar. which as worked but the same
>>> thing is still happening with the tab ,but now its redirecting to all
>>> the freebiee sites and it will not stop. i have spyware-adware-trojan
>>> software on my l.p and still no good it did pick up 3 infections which
>>> it sorted out, its driving me f*&^%*ng nuts please help
>>>

>>> --
>>> djchina74

> Rick
>
> This perhaps..
>
> http://www.advancedvistaoptimizer.co...FQh3MAodpRgdqg
>
> No contact info, land mail address, nothing. Just a bunch of claims..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP

Mike Hall - MVP

"djchina74" <djchina74.33ihv0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> three warnings flashed up when running this program:- u torrant
> =trojan, CWS.Searchmeup= hijacker, ISTBAR= HIJACKER. PLEASE INFORM me if
> these are the ones because i have the web address fo all of them.
>

> --
> djchina74

Dj

I have a feeling that your 'optimizer' is the malware.

Go to this web site, bookmark it and then use the e-mail contact link to
Mark Hastings, the author of the web site. In the e-mail, explain exactly
what has happened and supply the link for 'Advanced Vista Optimizer'..

http://www.pchell.com/

--
Mike Hall - MVP

djchina74

Re: please help its driving me insane

Hi ,Rick and Mike further to this saga of mine, the programme in
question is Advanced Vista Optimizer 2008 and from there web site
selling point it is supported by microsoft. I would be happy to say the
problem was recified this morning, but as i log on, windows problem box
flashed up saying it can,t connect due to it can,t find any D.N.S. After
having a look round my network connections they had all been turned off
and messed about with. Basically i could not log on but the incoming
connection was still active if you get what i mean.For now the emergancy
is over, for now cheers both for all your input.Will keep you updated.

--
djchina74
Mike Hall - MVP

"djchina74" <djchina74.33j5kr@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hi ,Rick and Mike further to this saga of mine, the programme in
> question is Advanced Vista Optimizer 2008 and from there web site
> selling point it is supported by microsoft. I would be happy to say the
> problem was recified this morning, but as i log on, windows problem box
> flashed up saying it can,t connect due to it can,t find any D.N.S. After
> having a look round my network connections they had all been turned off
> and messed about with. Basically i could not log on but the incoming
> connection was still active if you get what i mean.For now the emergancy
> is over, for now cheers both for all your input.Will keep you updated.
>

> --
> djchina74

DJ

Anybody can copy the Microsoft Certified Gold Partner logo onto their
website.

Stay away from any program which promises to fix all ills. They never work
the way that the promises suggest..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Parental Controls are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! parental Controls= Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 5 04-22-2010 21:38
Insane Orb 1 Gamer Games Feed 0 01-04-2008 19:00
I am about to drive insane.... Nici microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 12-02-2007 23:25
i'm going insane.... LaraBee microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 06-13-2007 09:40
Vista disk activity driving me insane news.usenetbinaries.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 53 05-22-2007 14:48