Wireless Adapter prob

Pepper

Wireless Adapter prob
Wireless adapter isnt connecting to the internet. It was before, but no more.
Hard line works fine. Ttoubleshooting indicates "This computer does not have
wireless network adapter installed and configured". When you search the
drivers, etc..everything checks out. Any idea if this is a VISTA or Microsoft
problem?
--
Pepper
gondorcat@gmail.com

Re: Wireless Adapter prob
On Jan 20, 4:19 pm, Pepper <Pep...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Wireless adapter isnt connecting to the internet. It was before, but no more.
> Hard line works fine. Ttoubleshooting indicates "This computer does not have
> wireless network adapter installed and configured". When you search the
> drivers, etc..everything checks out. Any idea if this is a VISTA or Microsoft
> problem?
> --
> Pepper

I'm having the same problem with my notebook. I recently wiped the
entire harddrive due to some issues, then reinstalled Vista using the
disk that came with the notebook (Gateway MT6730). The networking
utility was working just fine before the wipe, but now it doesn't,
despite my having downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my
wireless card (Realtek Ethernet Adapter RTL8101E; I had to get the
drivers using my desktop computer, burn them to a CD, and transfer
them to the notebook that way). Any help with this problem? It's
apparent I'm not the only one experiencing it.
xenosapience

Re: Wireless Adapter prob

I installed Vista Home Premium from a disk on a Gateway MT6723 with a
RTL8101E and spent several hours trying different drivers and various
solutions scoured from across the net. The existing wireless hardware
worked under XP, but Vista Premium can't shift it.

The OS recognizes the hardware in device manager, recognizes that all
the drivers are in place & up-to-date, but still cannot network. Yet the
machine cannot detect any networks and the onboard diagnostic program
keeps returning "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter
installed and configured."

The machine in question can no longer wireless network since installing
this OS. I'm currently using my Ubuntu system to troubleshoot it...

this is an old thread but no solution was ever posted and i cannot find
a solution anywhere on the net (it looks as though the RTL8101E Gateway
used has widespread problems on several operating systems and is
probably an inferior product, but this piece of hardware WAS working
with the XP OS yesterday and the only change was installing Vista last
night and spending several hours trying to resolve this networking
issue).

--
xenosapience
DL

Re: Wireless Adapter prob
Spent hours trying different drivers, why? did they not have any vista
drivers on the gateway site for your model?
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...param=1014864R