unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased

Carrie

unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased
Hi, I;m getting unexpected shutdowns so often that i can barely do anything
on my pc. i've already had three this morning. this is what the problem info
reads on the first two;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8A8539FF
BCP3: 973377E8
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-01.dmp
C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF575.tmp.ver sion.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

and the second one;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000008
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-02.dmp
C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34289-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE55E.tmp.ver sion.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

i noticed that they are different, but my computer shuts down very
frequently. I'm comfortable on computers but i'm not very advanced. Could
some one tell me what this means and how i can prevent it from happening
again?
mikeyhsd

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased
if it that new, take it back.
sudden shut down like that can usually be traced to heat/power supply problems.
best to have it looked at by the people you bought it from.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E268BF7-3C6F-4AC4-B1E9-0EA4F47ABAE9@microsoft.com...
[...]

Rick Rogers

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased
Hi Carrie,

Both are driver errors. As the system is new, you should exercise warranty
support. There may be known issues with some of the hardware used to build
the machine, and the manufacturer is responsible for fixing it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I;m getting unexpected shutdowns so often that i can barely do
> anything
> on my pc. i've already had three this morning. this is what the problem
> info
> reads on the first two;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 1000008e
> BCP1: C0000005
> BCP2: 8A8539FF
> BCP3: 973377E8
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF575.tmp.ver sion.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>

> and the second one;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: d1
> BCP1: 00000000
> BCP2: 00000002
> BCP3: 00000008
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-02.dmp
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34289-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE55E.tmp.ver sion.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>

> i noticed that they are different, but my computer shuts down very
> frequently. I'm comfortable on computers but i'm not very advanced. Could
> some one tell me what this means and how i can prevent it from happening
> again?

André Landreau

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased
Hello Carie,
I have been trying to investigate the same problem on my laptop for a while
and never get a solution that solve it.
Why don't we try to communicate directly to compare our system and help find
a way out ?
André Landreau
amlandreau@wanadoo.fr

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi, I;m getting unexpected shutdowns so often that i can barely do

anything
> on my pc. i've already had three this morning. this is what the problem

info
> reads on the first two;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 1000008e
> BCP1: C0000005
> BCP2: 8A8539FF
> BCP3: 973377E8
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF575.tmp.ver sion.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>

> and the second one;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: d1
> BCP1: 00000000
> BCP2: 00000002
> BCP3: 00000008
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-02.dmp
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34289-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE55E.tmp.ver sion.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>

> i noticed that they are different, but my computer shuts down very
> frequently. I'm comfortable on computers but i'm not very advanced. Could
> some one tell me what this means and how i can prevent it from happening
> again?

Carrie

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased
Andre,

My laptop is still covered under the manufacturers warranty and when i
brought up the problem to the store i purchased it from they told me that the
only thing i could do is sent it to HP and have them address the issue. Now
my computer is gone for 2 weeks. Hopefully they come up with a solution and
if they are kind enough to let me know what the issue was and i'll happily
pass on the information.

Carrie

"André Landreau" wrote:

> Hello Carie,
> I have been trying to investigate the same problem on my laptop for a while
> and never get a solution that solve it.
> Why don't we try to communicate directly to compare our system and help find
> a way out ?
> André Landreau
> amlandreau@wanadoo.fr
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > Hi, I;m getting unexpected shutdowns so often that i can barely do

> anything
> > on my pc. i've already had three this morning. this is what the problem

> info
> > reads on the first two;
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 4105
> >
> > Additional information about the problem:
> > BCCode: 1000008e
> > BCP1: C0000005
> > BCP2: 8A8539FF
> > BCP3: 973377E8
> > BCP4: 00000000
> > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >
> > Files that help describe the problem:
> > C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-01.dmp
> > C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml
> > C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF575.tmp.ver sion.txt
> >
> > Read our privacy statement:
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
> >

> > and the second one;
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 4105
> >
> > Additional information about the problem:
> > BCCode: d1
> > BCP1: 00000000
> > BCP2: 00000002
> > BCP3: 00000008
> > BCP4: 00000000
> > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >
> > Files that help describe the problem:
> > C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011908-02.dmp
> > C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34289-0.sysdata.xml
> > C:\Users\Carrie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE55E.tmp.ver sion.txt
> >
> > Read our privacy statement:
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
> >

> > i noticed that they are different, but my computer shuts down very
> > frequently. I'm comfortable on computers but i'm not very advanced. Could
> > some one tell me what this means and how i can prevent it from happening
> > again?

flyboy

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased

I got the exact same issue on my brand new desktop HP, but I had it for
a month now and I have no extended warranty so I can't take it back.
Hey Rick, what makes you think it's a driver issue? It sounded to me
like a faulty RAM module, but then I'm far from being an expert on
these matters.

--
flyboy
flyboy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47698

http://forums.techarena.in

flyboy

Re: unexpected shut down brant new laptop recently purchased

Any tips on this issue? Anyone?