gaming graphics boost

djchina74

gaming graphics boost

On my vista basic index score,there is one part letting my system down .
Is there any software downloads to get it performing higher or it a case
of new hardware.the part in question is 3D Business and gaming graphics
performance 3:1.

--
djchina74
Victek

Re: gaming graphics boost
> On my vista basic index score,there is one part letting my system down .
> Is there any software downloads to get it performing higher or it a case
> of new hardware.the part in question is 3D Business and gaming graphics
> performance 3:1.

You can check your video adapter manufacturer's web site for a newer drive.
What adapter do you have and have you checked the current driver's 3D
acceleration settings?

djchina74

Re: gaming graphics boost

alright Victec, i am as green as grass on finding info on drivers .I
know how to get the list in device manager but not what to look for,your
insight would be helpful cheers.

--
djchina74
Victek

Re: gaming graphics boost
> alright Victec, i am as green as grass on finding info on drivers .I
> know how to get the list in device manager but not what to look for,your
> insight would be helpful cheers.

In the Device Manager double click the "display adapter" to see the entry
for your specific adapter. Right click on it, select Properties and look at
the driver tab for details about your driver. It will give you the date and
the version number. Then you could visit the manufacturer's web site
(Nvidia? ATI?) and see if there's a newer driver. Updating the driver may
not make a big difference, but it doesn't cost anything to find out.

djchina74

Re: gaming graphics boost

nice one , i will look in to it.

--
djchina74
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: gaming graphics boost
"djchina74" <djchina74.33cqx4@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> On my vista basic index score,there is one part letting my system down .
> Is there any software downloads to get it performing higher or it a case
> of new hardware.the part in question is 3D Business and gaming graphics
> performance 3:1.
>

> --
> djchina74

Presumably your system was supplied with Vista Basic, in which case it would
most likely be a low end system unsuitable for some of the more intensive
games anyway.

Short of inserting a higher end graphics card, assuming that your
motherboard actually has a slot for one (not all cheaper computers do),
there is probably little you can do.

Is there anything you can't run or that doesn't run to your satisfaction?
The performance index is only a guide to how well some stuff will run, and
if you don't have a problem with what you are already doing, you might want
to forget the performance index..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

djchina74

Re: gaming graphics boost

my laptop does run top end games,it streams spot on and i was only
asking advice on gaming graphics, not for a slating about how crap my
software and laptop could be. for your infomation it is a toshiba
satellite pro that kicks ass considering that it was for free,cheers for
your input (not),

--
djchina74
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: gaming graphics boost
"djchina74" <djchina74.33eah1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> my laptop does run top end games,it streams spot on and i was only
> asking advice on gaming graphics, not for a slating about how crap my
> software and laptop could be. for your infomation it is a toshiba
> satellite pro that kicks ass considering that it was for free,cheers for
> your input (not),
>

> --
> djchina74

I wasn't slating anything. Vista Basic is the choice for low end computers
when supplied OEM, and one can't expect too much of them. Maybe next time
you post, you should make aware the make and model just so nobody else
upsets you..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

djchina74

Re: gaming graphics boost

hello mike, this is windows, any suggestions for cheap double glazing.

--
djchina74
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: gaming graphics boost
"djchina74" <djchina74.33et83@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> hello mike, this is windows, any suggestions for cheap double glazing.
>

> --
> djchina74

Yes, plastic clear film and duct tape.. FEMA even recommended it for keeping
nuclear fallout from getting into houses..

--
Mike Hall - MVP