vista boots up fast but...........

jay22

vista boots up fast but...........

after vista has booted up to the desk top it's started recently 2 take
a life time 4 it to stop loading and become usable , my ati graphics
card gamma and colour settings etc take longest time after everything
else has settled down to kick in.Ive upgraded from 1 gig 2 2gig of ram
not 2 long ago and although less ram is being used i dont really see
much if any performance increase.ive disabled almost all of my startup
programes that i deemed non essential aswell as some unused windows
services, ive treid allsorts, is there any reason why it should start 2
do this now? its fine after its settled down sure but it never used 2 do
this up untill about 4 weeks ago ? also when im playing music off my
2nd hardrive which is also sata 2 and faster than my main drive it skips
now and then ? ive tried lots of optimizing solutions with no luck ! any
help would be much appreciated ive looked all over the net 4 people with
the same problem but all i get from google is slow bootup probs but my
bootup time isnt the problem its as fast as xp was ! thanx:shock:

--
jay22
Bob H

Re: vista boots up fast but...........

"jay22" <jay22.33b4l3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> after vista has booted up to the desk top it's started recently 2 take
> a life time 4 it to stop loading and become usable , my ati graphics
> card gamma and colour settings etc take longest time after everything
> else has settled down to kick in.Ive upgraded from 1 gig 2 2gig of ram
> not 2 long ago and although less ram is being used i dont really see
> much if any performance increase.ive disabled almost all of my startup
> programes that i deemed non essential aswell as some unused windows
> services, ive treid allsorts, is there any reason why it should start 2
> do this now? its fine after its settled down sure but it never used 2 do
> this up untill about 4 weeks ago ? also when im playing music off my
> 2nd hardrive which is also sata 2 and faster than my main drive it skips
> now and then ? ive tried lots of optimizing solutions with no luck ! any
> help would be much appreciated ive looked all over the net 4 people with
> the same problem but all i get from google is slow bootup probs but my
> bootup time isnt the problem its as fast as xp was ! thanx:shock:
>

> --
> jay22

right