BOOTMGR is missing

tanya

BOOTMGR is missing
I've read other subjects on this and can't find my answer. when i turn on
the lap top it starts out like it is going to start up, then goes to "bootmgr
is missing", of course when i press ctrl+alt+del, it doesn't restart. Vista
came on this computer, i didn't install it myself to update the computer. as
far as i know a program was installed, i restarted the computer and all was
fine, until the next day. What do i do????
peter

Re: BOOTMGR is missing
read the manual concerning the recovery partition on the system.by means of
an F + something key you can "recover" back to 1st purchased state.This
usually takes awhile as it formats your HD and reinstalls everything that
came with the unit when 1st purchased
peter

"tanya" <tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've read other subjects on this and can't find my answer. when i turn on
> the lap top it starts out like it is going to start up, then goes to
> "bootmgr
> is missing", of course when i press ctrl+alt+del, it doesn't restart.
> Vista
> came on this computer, i didn't install it myself to update the computer.
> as
> far as i know a program was installed, i restarted the computer and all
> was
> fine, until the next day. What do i do????

pinkladyjay

Re: BOOTMGR is missing
hi
have you managed to find out which f key it is yet? seems like there are a
lot of problems with vista every1 getting the same problem with the bootmgr
missing!! i am one of them. please help.