Windows Vista stops loading after starting up computer.

LadySythe

Windows Vista stops loading after starting up computer.
First off, let me say that I love my pc and I'm using for college.

Problem: I will start up my Acer Aspire 5100 and it will begin loading
windows...and then...it will stop. Not even the light telling me the hard
drive is working flickers. In a span of a day and a half, I restarted my pc
over 2 times and this problem occured. When it does, I cannot even hear the
hardrive working.

Windows Vista (Home Premium) will stop at the black screen with the loading
bar, sometimes during the black screen right after that, and sometimes right
after I log in and it stops right as it says Welcome. And what is confusing
is that Vista will load in Safe Mode as well as Safe Mode with Networking and
Safe Mode with Dos.

I've got the latest updates for Windows Vista...and have yet to install the
drivers from Acer I got today.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck is going on???
Malke

Re: Windows Vista stops loading after starting up computer.
LadySythe wrote:
> First off, let me say that I love my pc and I'm using for college.
>
> Problem: I will start up my Acer Aspire 5100 and it will begin loading
> windows...and then...it will stop. Not even the light telling me the hard
> drive is working flickers. In a span of a day and a half, I restarted my pc
> over 2 times and this problem occured. When it does, I cannot even hear the
> hardrive working.
>
> Windows Vista (Home Premium) will stop at the black screen with the loading
> bar, sometimes during the black screen right after that, and sometimes right
> after I log in and it stops right as it says Welcome. And what is confusing
> is that Vista will load in Safe Mode as well as Safe Mode with Networking and
> Safe Mode with Dos.
>
> I've got the latest updates for Windows Vista...and have yet to install the
> drivers from Acer I got today.
>
> Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck is going on???

You have hardware failure. Contact Acer tech support for repair/replacement.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com