Problems opening anything due to associations

Jacob

Problems opening anything due to associations
I cannot seem to open anything without right clicking and running as an
admin. This is the error message that I get: "This file does not have a
program associated with if for performing this action. Create an association
in the Set Associations control panel." I looked in the set associations
control panel and looked at the associations and they are all correct. I am
not sure what the next step is any help would be great.
thank you
Svd2day

RE: Problems opening anything due to associations
Jacob,

OMG!!! My daughter is having the exact same problem as you!! It started at
the end of January 2008. The only thing she says she has done is copy some
music from a firends CD. She has not installed any software other than the
routine updates to McAfee, Windows Vista, etc.

What about you? Had you installed anything new or copied anything from a cd
or memory stick?

I hope someone has a solution soon!!!

Just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone.

"Jacob" wrote:

> I cannot seem to open anything without right clicking and running as an
> admin. This is the error message that I get: "This file does not have a
> program associated with if for performing this action. Create an association
> in the Set Associations control panel." I looked in the set associations
> control panel and looked at the associations and they are all correct. I am
> not sure what the next step is any help would be great.
> thank you

qameleon

RE: Problems opening anything due to associations
Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have been having the same issue, but
am just getting around to investigating. I called Dell, b/c I just bought
the laptop in September and they were no help.

"Svd2day" wrote:

> Jacob,
>
> OMG!!! My daughter is having the exact same problem as you!! It started at
> the end of January 2008. The only thing she says she has done is copy some
> music from a firends CD. She has not installed any software other than the
> routine updates to McAfee, Windows Vista, etc.
>
> What about you? Had you installed anything new or copied anything from a cd
> or memory stick?
>
> I hope someone has a solution soon!!!
>
> Just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone.
>

> "Jacob" wrote:
>
> > I cannot seem to open anything without right clicking and running as an
> > admin. This is the error message that I get: "This file does not have a
> > program associated with if for performing this action. Create an association
> > in the Set Associations control panel." I looked in the set associations
> > control panel and looked at the associations and they are all correct. I am
> > not sure what the next step is any help would be great.
> > thank you

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problems opening anything due to associations
File association fixes for Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
--
Regards,

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog