chkdsk does not run at startup

Windward Tech

chkdsk does not run at startup
I have tried run chkdsk /f and chkdsk /f /v as an administrator. I have
also tried through the tabs in My computer. I select the option to run
chkdsk at startup but it bypasses an goes right into windows. Is there
something I am missing. I really need to fix this because I am getting
errors in the Log saying I need to run chkdsk.

Thanks,
Sanctus

RE: chkdsk does not run at startup
I have the same problem. I have had it 4 times before actually. (On a new
Sony VAIO CR none the less).

I have just faced this problem with a complete reformat. The problem has
been debilitating before. Sorry I am of no help, just in the same boat!
Brink

Sanctus;587254 Wrote:
> I have the same problem. I have had it 4 times before actually. (On a
> new
> Sony VAIO CR none the less).
>
> I have just faced this problem with a complete reformat. The problem
> has
> been debilitating before. Sorry I am of no help, just in the same boat!

Hi Sanctus,

See if one of these methods will work for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-checkdisk.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
John C.

Re: chkdsk does not run at startup
I have the same problem on a Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook preloaded with Vista
Home Premium. None of the suggestions from the mentioned link work.
IBM/Lenovo says it is a Vista problem with no solution. There is no Vista
disk as they only use recovery partitions now that only restore an image of
the initial system. I need help if anyone has suggestions.

John

"Brink" wrote:

> Sanctus;587254 Wrote:
> > I have the same problem. I have had it 4 times before actually. (On a
> > new
> > Sony VAIO CR none the less).
> >
> > I have just faced this problem with a complete reformat. The problem
> > has
> > been debilitating before. Sorry I am of no help, just in the same boat!

> Hi Sanctus,
>
> See if one of these methods will work for you.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-checkdisk.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Brink

John C.;591297 Wrote:
> I have the same problem on a Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook preloaded with
> Vista
> Home Premium. None of the suggestions from the mentioned link work.
> IBM/Lenovo says it is a Vista problem with no solution. There is no
> Vista
> disk as they only use recovery partitions now that only restore an
> image of
> the initial system. I need help if anyone has suggestions.
>
> John
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Sanctus;587254 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Sanctus,
> > >
> > > See if one of these methods will work for you.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-checkdisk.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Hi John,

Do you have a friend that you can borrow their retail Vista
installation DVD from to perform this? (METHOD TWO, OPTION THREE)

Shawn