more info about slow dell

bush

more info about slow dell
the machine is veery slow loading say the home page or a email,,it is not too
slow starting up.it is a new dell with 4gig and i do not know wheather to
delete some dell products and try that or what.and if that is not the answer
then what do i do with the support deleted and all. everything on the machine
seems to work correctly except for the page loading.we get our internet from
cable and the house is on a wireless dlink system.it is just so slow and i
thought that by getting the home premium and the 4 gb everything would work
great,,but it is just tooo slow to load pages that you want to go to that it
is getting to be a problem which need so help. there are 2 other computers
both running xp on the wireless also and they work great and load
quickly.......so what is with that
--
bush
peter

Re: more info about slow dell
run this and then report back

http://www.yorkspace.com/pc-de-crapifier?
peter

"bush" <bush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the machine is veery slow loading say the home page or a email,,it is not
> too
> slow starting up.it is a new dell with 4gig and i do not know wheather to
> delete some dell products and try that or what.and if that is not the
> answer
> then what do i do with the support deleted and all. everything on the
> machine
> seems to work correctly except for the page loading.we get our internet
> from
> cable and the house is on a wireless dlink system.it is just so slow and i
> thought that by getting the home premium and the 4 gb everything would
> work
> great,,but it is just tooo slow to load pages that you want to go to that
> it
> is getting to be a problem which need so help. there are 2 other computers
> both running xp on the wireless also and they work great and load
> quickly.......so what is with that
> --
> bush

Malke

Re: more info about slow dell
bush wrote:
> the machine is veery slow loading say the home page or a email,,it is not too
> slow starting up.it is a new dell with 4gig and i do not know wheather to
> delete some dell products and try that or what.and if that is not the answer
> then what do i do with the support deleted and all. everything on the machine
> seems to work correctly except for the page loading.we get our internet from
> cable and the house is on a wireless dlink system.it is just so slow and i
> thought that by getting the home premium and the 4 gb everything would work
> great,,but it is just tooo slow to load pages that you want to go to that it
> is getting to be a problem which need so help. there are 2 other computers
> both running xp on the wireless also and they work great and load
> quickly.......so what is with that

Since you have wireless, make sure you are connecting to your own
wireless network and not a neighbor's. Many people don't change the
default SSID so it is quite possible for you to be connecting to a
neighbor's D-Link.

Since the slowness is only when you try to get to the Internet, it is
unlikely that this has anything to do with startup programs. Does the
slowness happen if you 1) run IE with no add-ons; 2) connect with
another browser such as Firefox? Please give that troubleshooting step a
try and report your results.

Not to hurt your feelings, but if you need more help please post back
using complete sentences with capitalization and punctuation. This is
not said to insult you or to be a Grammar Cop; it is simply that the
post above is extremely hard to read. You want to make it easy for
people to help you, after all.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
JoeBags

RE: more info about slow dell
Bush,

I had similar problems. I bought a new Inspiron 531 with an internal
wireless network adapter from Dell. I had all 5 bars full for signal
strength, but web pages were loading extremely slow and streaming video was
out of the question.

After downloading new drivers from Dell and tinkering with my Vista and
anti-virus settings for hours, nothing was working. Then I found the manual
for the internal wireless network adapter among the packaging. The manual
recommended tilting the antenna for the wireless network adapter at a 30
degree angle. I looked at the back of my computer and the antenna was
pointing straight up. As soon as I tilted it, web pages began loading in the
blink of an eye. I re-ran a connection test and my throughput had
quadrupled. Who would have thought such a slight change would have such
drastic results?

Anyway, if your new Dell computer came with the internal wireless network
adapter, make sure the antenna is properly positioned before you start making
any changes to your configuration.

"bush" wrote:

> the machine is veery slow loading say the home page or a email,,it is not too
> slow starting up.it is a new dell with 4gig and i do not know wheather to
> delete some dell products and try that or what.and if that is not the answer
> then what do i do with the support deleted and all. everything on the machine
> seems to work correctly except for the page loading.we get our internet from
> cable and the house is on a wireless dlink system.it is just so slow and i
> thought that by getting the home premium and the 4 gb everything would work
> great,,but it is just tooo slow to load pages that you want to go to that it
> is getting to be a problem which need so help. there are 2 other computers
> both running xp on the wireless also and they work great and load
> quickly.......so what is with that
> --
> bush

> the machine is veery slow loading say the home page or a email,,it is not
> too
> slow starting up.it is a new dell with 4gig and i do not know wheather to
> delete some dell products and try that or what.and if that is not the
> answer
> then what do i do with the support deleted and all. everything on the
> machine
> seems to work correctly except for the page loading.we get our internet
> from
> cable and the house is on a wireless dlink system.it is just so slow and i
> thought that by getting the home premium and the 4 gb everything would
> work
> great,,but it is just tooo slow to load pages that you want to go to that
> it
> is getting to be a problem which need so help. there are 2 other computers
> both running xp on the wireless also and they work great and load
> quickly.......so what is with that
> --
> bush

You also might want to look into repairing your IP stack and disabling IP6.