unexpected shutdown to bluescreen

Girlcloud

unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
the error message that appears is as follows:

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
1/13/2008 2:20 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
Mini011308-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 84C380F0
BCP3: 84913630
BCP4: 84E97008
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Any suggestions?
JessSmess

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
Not to scare you, but last time I received that error when i had Windows XP
it was a downloaded virus and I had to completely reformat my computer.
You're problem might not be the same, but it couldn't hurt to run a Virus
program.

"Girlcloud" wrote:

> My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
> the error message that appears is as follows:
>

> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
>
> Status
> Not Reported
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem
> Mini011308-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 9f
> BCP1: 00000003
> BCP2: 84C380F0
> BCP3: 84913630
> BCP4: 84E97008
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>

> Any suggestions?

withheld

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have complete
virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.

"Girlcloud" wrote:

> My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
> the error message that appears is as follows:
>

> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
>
> Status
> Not Reported
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem
> Mini011308-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 9f
> BCP1: 00000003
> BCP2: 84C380F0
> BCP3: 84913630
> BCP4: 84E97008
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>

> Any suggestions?

kr

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
My computer shuts down like this almost on a daily basis now. I'm worried.
Any ideas out there????

--
kathy

"withheld" wrote:

> mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have complete
> virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.
>
> "Girlcloud" wrote:
>
> > My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
> > the error message that appears is as follows:
> >

> > Product
> > Windows
> >
> > Problem
> > Shut down unexpectedly
> >
> > Date
> > 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
> >
> > Status
> > Not Reported
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> >
> > Files that help describe the problem
> > Mini011308-01.dmp
> > sysdata.xml
> > Version.txt
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > BCCode: 9f
> > BCP1: 00000003
> > BCP2: 84C380F0
> > BCP3: 84913630
> > BCP4: 84E97008
> > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >

> > Any suggestions?

withheld

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
Are you all using HP? I hear my fan running loudly - I have a lunch this may
be related to overheating and may need to be sent back to HP. I am trying a
cooling pad and will let you know.

"withheld" wrote:

> mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have complete
> virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.
>
> "Girlcloud" wrote:
>
> > My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
> > the error message that appears is as follows:
> >

> > Product
> > Windows
> >
> > Problem
> > Shut down unexpectedly
> >
> > Date
> > 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
> >
> > Status
> > Not Reported
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> >
> > Files that help describe the problem
> > Mini011308-01.dmp
> > sysdata.xml
> > Version.txt
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > BCCode: 9f
> > BCP1: 00000003
> > BCP2: 84C380F0
> > BCP3: 84913630
> > BCP4: 84E97008
> > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >

> > Any suggestions?

Bob

Re: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
Try this:

Go to Advance Power Settings.
Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"
Under USB settings select "Disable"
Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."

"withheld" <withheld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have
> complete
> virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.
>
> "Girlcloud" wrote:
>
>> My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two
>> days.
>> the error message that appears is as follows:
>>

>> Product
>> Windows
>>
>> Problem
>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>
>> Date
>> 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
>>
>> Status
>> Not Reported
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> Locale ID: 1033
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem
>> Mini011308-01.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 9f
>> BCP1: 00000003
>> BCP2: 84C380F0
>> BCP3: 84913630
>> BCP4: 84E97008
>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>> Service Pack: 0_0
>> Product: 768_1
>>

>> Any suggestions?

kr

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
No, I have new Dell Computer.
--
kathy

"withheld" wrote:

> Are you all using HP? I hear my fan running loudly - I have a lunch this may
> be related to overheating and may need to be sent back to HP. I am trying a
> cooling pad and will let you know.
>
> "withheld" wrote:
>
> > mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have complete
> > virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.
> >
> > "Girlcloud" wrote:
> >
> > > My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two days.
> > > the error message that appears is as follows:
> > >

> > > Product
> > > Windows
> > >
> > > Problem
> > > Shut down unexpectedly
> > >
> > > Date
> > > 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
> > >
> > > Status
> > > Not Reported
> > >
> > > Problem signature
> > > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > > Locale ID: 1033
> > >
> > > Files that help describe the problem
> > > Mini011308-01.dmp
> > > sysdata.xml
> > > Version.txt
> > >
> > > Extra information about the problem
> > > BCCode: 9f
> > > BCP1: 00000003
> > > BCP2: 84C380F0
> > > BCP3: 84913630
> > > BCP4: 84E97008
> > > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > > Service Pack: 0_0
> > > Product: 768_1
> > >

> > > Any suggestions?

withheld

Re: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
OK, I tried it - it has been working fine all morning. I also added a laptop
cooling fan -

"Bob" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Go to Advance Power Settings.
> Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
> Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"
> Under USB settings select "Disable"
> Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."
>

> "withheld" <withheld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have
> > complete
> > virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.
> >
> > "Girlcloud" wrote:
> >
> >> My computer has shutdown three times without warning over the past two
> >> days.
> >> the error message that appears is as follows:
> >>

> >> Product
> >> Windows
> >>
> >> Problem
> >> Shut down unexpectedly
> >>
> >> Date
> >> 1/13/2008 2:20 PM
> >>
> >> Status
> >> Not Reported
> >>
> >> Problem signature
> >> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> >> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> >> Locale ID: 1033
> >>
> >> Files that help describe the problem
> >> Mini011308-01.dmp
> >> sysdata.xml
> >> Version.txt
> >>
> >> Extra information about the problem
> >> BCCode: 9f
> >> BCP1: 00000003
> >> BCP2: 84C380F0
> >> BCP3: 84913630
> >> BCP4: 84E97008
> >> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> >> Service Pack: 0_0
> >> Product: 768_1
> >>

> >> Any suggestions?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:55:01 -0800, kr <kr@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> No, I have new Dell Computer.

If it's new, it's still under warranty. Contact Dell and get them to
fix or replace it. Such problems are almost always hardware problems,
not Windows ones.

> "withheld" wrote:
>
> > Are you all using HP? I hear my fan running loudly - I have a lunch this may
> > be related to overheating and may need to be sent back to HP. I am trying a
> > cooling pad and will let you know.
> >
> > "withheld" wrote:
> >
> > > mine is doing the same thing. anyone know what's going on? I have complete
> > > virus protection and i'm behind a firewall so that's not the problem.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bob

Re: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen
Glad to hear it.