How to Uninstall Registry Cleaner Trial Program

SBTaylor

How to Uninstall Registry Cleaner Trial Program
I did a no-no and downloaded a trial version of Advanced Registry Optimizer
by Sammsoft. I tried to uninstall it the other day and thought I was
successful. But the next time I turned on my computer, the black screen
saying that Windows had unexpectedly shut down came on; then there was a blue
screen and a lot of wording that in essence was telling me my computer was
about to have a nervous breakdown. So, I restarted in Safe Mode and ended up
using Restore System. However, the only way it would Restore was going back
to where I installed that Registry Optimizer. So...it's still on the
computer and I'd like to uninstall it. However, will it do this same thing
again? Help! Susan
peter

Re: How to Uninstall Registry Cleaner Trial Program
how about restoring to before you installed that nasty piece of crapware??
peter

"SBTaylor" <SBTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9895170-234D-47C1-824A-E7EAB896C117@microsoft.com...
> I did a no-no and downloaded a trial version of Advanced Registry
> Optimizer
> by Sammsoft. I tried to uninstall it the other day and thought I was
> successful. But the next time I turned on my computer, the black screen
> saying that Windows had unexpectedly shut down came on; then there was a
> blue
> screen and a lot of wording that in essence was telling me my computer was
> about to have a nervous breakdown. So, I restarted in Safe Mode and ended
> up
> using Restore System. However, the only way it would Restore was going
> back
> to where I installed that Registry Optimizer. So...it's still on the
> computer and I'd like to uninstall it. However, will it do this same
> thing
> again? Help! Susan

SBTaylor

Re: How to Uninstall Registry Cleaner Trial Program
Sorry...I forgot to mention that the first time I tried to restore was to the
point before that trial program was installed, That was when the system
actually did the weird stuff. Then I went to Safe Mode and restored to the
point recommended which was with the trial version. I'm almost afraid to try
this again. There is a line under this program in the start menu which says
"Uninstall (name of program)" but I wonder if that will start all of this
stuff over again. Hope this makes sense. Susan