unreliable startup and windows is not responding....

Cabs

unreliable startup and windows is not responding....
I start up my pc, like i've always done, and like everyone else does...
But like 19/20 times, it just get stuck on the "welcome" text when loading
my files and stuff...

But the 1/20 times i DO get in. If i click on a shortcut on my desktop or
click the startmenu or anything else. it just comes up:

"Windows is not responding"
"Close the proces?"
"Wait?"

If i choose "Close proces?", well...everything disappeares, and if i choose
"wait?" well, nothing happends.

And just 2 weeks ago i restarted my pc, i reinstalled Windows from the
"secure copy" that lies on the pc.

--
why can''t pcs just work?
peter

Re: unreliable startup and windows is not responding....
How about some specs of your system to help us troubleshoot your
problem.........version of Vista?? etc etc
How much crap is starting up with Vista.........???

When you say "reinstalled from a secure copy" do you mean from a Recovery
Partition that the manufacturer placed on your HD with an OEM copy of
VIsta?? and did it format the HD before installing the "secure copy" ??

peter

"Cabs" <Cabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I start up my pc, like i've always done, and like everyone else does...
> But like 19/20 times, it just get stuck on the "welcome" text when loading
> my files and stuff...
>
> But the 1/20 times i DO get in. If i click on a shortcut on my desktop or
> click the startmenu or anything else. it just comes up:
>
> "Windows is not responding"
> "Close the proces?"
> "Wait?"
>
> If i choose "Close proces?", well...everything disappeares, and if i
> choose
> "wait?" well, nothing happends.
>
> And just 2 weeks ago i restarted my pc, i reinstalled Windows from the
> "secure copy" that lies on the pc.
>
> --
> why can''t pcs just work?

Cabs

Re: unreliable startup and windows is not responding....
I got Windows Vista Home Premium.
Got a pachard Bell pc with 2GB RAM and 141 HD.
On the startup selection "msconfig" i got only "microsoft corp." my
antivirus and MSN starting up on startup.

I ran Pachard Bell Recovery. where it reinstalls windows from some recovery
files it has....

I think it did format the recovery files before Running the Recovery...

--
why can''''t pcs just work?

"peter" wrote:

> How about some specs of your system to help us troubleshoot your
> problem.........version of Vista?? etc etc
> How much crap is starting up with Vista.........???
>
> When you say "reinstalled from a secure copy" do you mean from a Recovery
> Partition that the manufacturer placed on your HD with an OEM copy of
> VIsta?? and did it format the HD before installing the "secure copy" ??
>
> peter
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
> offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
> If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
> me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)
>

> "Cabs" <Cabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I start up my pc, like i've always done, and like everyone else does...
> > But like 19/20 times, it just get stuck on the "welcome" text when loading
> > my files and stuff...
> >
> > But the 1/20 times i DO get in. If i click on a shortcut on my desktop or
> > click the startmenu or anything else. it just comes up:
> >
> > "Windows is not responding"
> > "Close the proces?"
> > "Wait?"
> >
> > If i choose "Close proces?", well...everything disappeares, and if i
> > choose
> > "wait?" well, nothing happends.
> >
> > And just 2 weeks ago i restarted my pc, i reinstalled Windows from the
> > "secure copy" that lies on the pc.
> >
> > --
> > why can''t pcs just work?

peter

Re: unreliable startup and windows is not responding....
Judging by the answers I received from you I suggest you search out a Dealer
and let him determine the problem and the cure....................