System restore

xent0n

System restore
My system restore is not working I get the error 0x800423308 which i find
nothing on when searching.

Any ideas?
Hans-Georg Michna

Re: System restore
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:08:01 -0800, xent0n wrote:

>My system restore is not working I get the error 0x800423308 which i find
>nothing on when searching.
>
>Any ideas?

Yes. Have a look at
http://winhlp.com/search/node/%22system+restore%22 and follow
also the links in those articles.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
xent0n

Re: System restore

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote:

> Yes. Have a look at
> http://winhlp.com/search/node/%22system+restore%22 and follow
> also the links in those articles.
>
> Hans-Georg
> --
> No mail, please.

Okay, all those links are for windows xp for a start, thank you very much
for your time though.
Hans-Georg Michna

Re: System restore
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 08:44:02 -0800, xent0n wrote:

>Okay, all those links are for windows xp for a start, thank you very much
>for your time though.

Not all. But System Restore is still the same anyway.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
xent0n

Re: System restore
Okay I have gone through them all and none of them help.

the problem is system restore is not running, something is preventing it
from running and I don't know what that is, all i get is the error code I
originally posted, I need to know what that error code means so i can
identify and resolve the issue preventing system resote from running.

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 08:44:02 -0800, xent0n wrote:
>
> >Okay, all those links are for windows xp for a start, thank you very much
> >for your time though.

> Not all. But System Restore is still the same anyway.
>
> Hans-Georg
> --
> No mail, please.

Hans-Georg Michna

Re: System restore
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:08:01 -0800, xent0n wrote:

>My system restore is not working I get the error 0x800423308 which i find
>nothing on when searching.
>
>Any ideas?

If the Safe Mode and Safe Mode command prompt methods all
failed, then I'm out of hints.

Do you need to restore to an earlier restore point or do you
just want System Restore to work for the future? In the latter
case a total removal and reset of all System Restore points
could solve the problem.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
xent0n

Re: System restore
Unfortunately neither of them worked, and yes, I wanted to restore to an
earlier time, I have an isue with media player, no audio when playing videos.
No error messages appears to be working fine but there is no audio. This
affects all formats of video mpeg, divx and wmv, audio files such as mp3 and
wma still work fine, and furthermore the video files all still play with
sound through media centre, so i know sound in media player is working and i
know all the video codecs and filters are working, I'm at a complete loss as
to the issue, my last resort was to use system restore to go back to a point
where media player was working fine.

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:08:01 -0800, xent0n wrote:
>
> >My system restore is not working I get the error 0x800423308 which i find
> >nothing on when searching.
> >
> >Any ideas?

> If the Safe Mode and Safe Mode command prompt methods all
> failed, then I'm out of hints.
>
> Do you need to restore to an earlier restore point or do you
> just want System Restore to work for the future? In the latter
> case a total removal and reset of all System Restore points
> could solve the problem.
>
> Hans-Georg
> --
> No mail, please.

Hans-Georg Michna

Re: System restore
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:52:01 -0800, xent0n wrote:

>Unfortunately neither of them worked, and yes, I wanted to restore to an
>earlier time, I have an isue with media player, no audio when playing videos.
>No error messages appears to be working fine but there is no audio. This
>affects all formats of video mpeg, divx and wmv, audio files such as mp3 and
>wma still work fine, and furthermore the video files all still play with
>sound through media centre, so i know sound in media player is working and i
>know all the video codecs and filters are working, I'm at a complete loss as
>to the issue, my last resort was to use system restore to go back to a point
>where media player was working fine.

The following has not been tested with Vista, only with Windows
XP. On Vista, put down a restore point first. If any program
doesn't work, uninstall everything again, reboot, then roll back
to the restore point.

And please report back here in this thread to let everybody
know.

Here an alternative is to flee forward and install CCCP from
http://www.michna.com/download/cccp2006-07-28.exe . Don't use
their latest version---that one has an MPEG-2 problem.

The package also includes Media Player Classic, which is an
interesting alternative to the Windows Media Player. But with
the codecs Media Player may also start working again.

The trick with Windows is, as long as the small utilities built
into it keep working, use them. As soon as they fail, install an
independent alternative, which is often more powerful and more
reliable.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.