system restore

polyemma

system restore
I am unable to use system restore because I receive the following error
message 'There was an unexpected error in the property page
Incompatible version of the serializing package (0 x 80070724
Please check the property page and try again.'

Please what is wrong and what is the property page? Harold
skunksmash

Re: system restore

hi harold u could try this put the code in here and wait for a response

alternativly im sure someone here will know what that code is all about

WHAT ARE ERROR CODES AND HOW CAN I USE THEM?
[image:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...ip.png]Applies
to all editions of Windows Vista.
'Which edition of Windows Vista am I using?'
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f2d551033.mspx)
Error codes are numbers (or letter and number combinations) that are
associated with error messages and are used to identify specific
problems in Windows and other programs.
[image:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Que...ey=XML]Windows
Update error code

If the error message does not provide all of the information that you
need, use the following resources to learn more:
•Search for the error code online, starting with 'Windows Online
Assistance' (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=62540). If you can't
find it there, go online and search Windows newsgroups, communities, and
other websites.
•Search for the error code online in the 'Events and Errors Message
Center'
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...x&reldir=en-US).
•Search your computer event logs for information. Here's how:

TO VIEW ERROR EVENT LOGS

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.
1. Open Event Viewer by clicking the
*Start* button [image:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Que...RenderKey=XML],
clicking *Control Panel*, clicking *System and Maintenance*, clicking
*Administrative Tools*, and then double-clicking *Event Viewer*.[image:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Que...RenderKey=XML]
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type
the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the left pane, double-click
*Applications and Services Logs*, navigate to the specific program that
had an error, and then review any error events for that program.
3. Double-click an event to view a
description and to find links to more information

--
skunksmash
polyemma

Re: system restore