how can i reset my vista pc

pedro g

how can i reset my vista pc
i have vista ultimate, and after a yr, i have a lot of things, that has made
my computer a little bit slow, how can i reset, format or start over in my
computer, i had a xp home, and i have the upgrade vista dvd, i tried restring
the system, but i don't have any backups, and i tried restoring the disk
drives but the latest i had is 12/27.. not good enough, how can i make it run
like at the beginning, please help. if you can be a little specific, i don't
want to get lost in the process... thank you!!
JerryM

Re: how can i reset my vista pc
All Programs,
Accessories,
System Tools,
Disk Cleanup,
and
Disk Defragmenter.

"pedro g" <pedrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have vista ultimate, and after a yr, i have a lot of things, that has
> made
> my computer a little bit slow, how can i reset, format or start over in my
> computer, i had a xp home, and i have the upgrade vista dvd, i tried
> restring
> the system, but i don't have any backups, and i tried restoring the disk
> drives but the latest i had is 12/27.. not good enough, how can i make it
> run
> like at the beginning, please help. if you can be a little specific, i
> don't
> want to get lost in the process... thank you!!

Rick Rogers

Re: how can i reset my vista pc
Hi,

How you restore depends on the media provided to you by the manufacturer.
You should consult the user manual for that information as the methods vary
greatly. Some provide restore disks, some require that you create your own,
some use a restore partition that is invoked by pressing certain keys at
boot. Before you do anything, you want to backup any data files that you do
not want to lose, as many of the processes will wipe the system clean and
restore to factory state (and are rarely reversible).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"pedro g" <pedrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have vista ultimate, and after a yr, i have a lot of things, that has
>made
> my computer a little bit slow, how can i reset, format or start over in my
> computer, i had a xp home, and i have the upgrade vista dvd, i tried
> restring
> the system, but i don't have any backups, and i tried restoring the disk
> drives but the latest i had is 12/27.. not good enough, how can i make it
> run
> like at the beginning, please help. if you can be a little specific, i
> don't
> want to get lost in the process... thank you!!

pedro g

Re: how can i reset my vista pc
i built my own computer back in 2006, and i remember formatting the system
was easier then, i don't really remember what i used to do, but i can't go
back in time with vista as far as i wanted it to. i have done a back up of
every thing i already have, and i have the installation dvd of windows xp
home, and the upgrade dvd of windows vista. I have been able to clean some of
the programs, but there is some files that i can't get out, and keep
appearing, and making the pc slower.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How you restore depends on the media provided to you by the manufacturer.
> You should consult the user manual for that information as the methods vary
> greatly. Some provide restore disks, some require that you create your own,
> some use a restore partition that is invoked by pressing certain keys at
> boot. Before you do anything, you want to backup any data files that you do
> not want to lose, as many of the processes will wipe the system clean and
> restore to factory state (and are rarely reversible).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "pedro g" <pedrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have vista ultimate, and after a yr, i have a lot of things, that has
> >made
> > my computer a little bit slow, how can i reset, format or start over in my
> > computer, i had a xp home, and i have the upgrade vista dvd, i tried
> > restring
> > the system, but i don't have any backups, and i tried restoring the disk
> > drives but the latest i had is 12/27.. not good enough, how can i make it
> > run
> > like at the beginning, please help. if you can be a little specific, i
> > don't
> > want to get lost in the process... thank you!!

Dwarf

RE: how can i reset my vista pc
Hi pedro,

If you don't mind losing any data, then you can reinstall Vista. Simply
follow the instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using Upgrade
Media' in the newsgroup 'Windows Vista Installation and Setup (dated
9/21/2007). If you have data that you need, then back it up to removeable
media and don't forget to check that you can access it before following the
above. You will, of course, need to reinstall any applications afterwards,
but you should be able to access your data from the backup media that you
created.
Dwarf

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-5eb74dcf2be7

"pedro g" wrote:

> i have vista ultimate, and after a yr, i have a lot of things, that has made
> my computer a little bit slow, how can i reset, format or start over in my
> computer, i had a xp home, and i have the upgrade vista dvd, i tried restring
> the system, but i don't have any backups, and i tried restoring the disk
> drives but the latest i had is 12/27.. not good enough, how can i make it run
> like at the beginning, please help. if you can be a little specific, i don't
> want to get lost in the process... thank you!!

Rick Rogers

Re: how can i reset my vista pc
Hi,

What files are those?