Display won't shut off from screen saver

hospice

Display won't shut off from screen saver
I have gone into the power settings and advanced power settings (via the
screen saver options window) and changed the display to shut off after 10
minutes on the screen saver. I save the changes, but the monitor still does
not shut off after 10 minutes or 10 hours. Why wont the settings work? I do
have administrative privileges. I have Windows Vista Home Premium
edellav

RE: Display won't shut off from screen saver
I had the same problem and followed the advice in Ronnie Vernon's response of
2/23/2007 under the thread "Screen Saver" (9 posts) of 2/21/2007 (see below).
It solved the problem for me.

"hospice" wrote:

> I have gone into the power settings and advanced power settings (via the
> screen saver options window) and changed the display to shut off after 10
> minutes on the screen saver. I save the changes, but the monitor still does
> not shut off after 10 minutes or 10 hours. Why wont the settings work? I do
> have administrative privileges. I have Windows Vista Home Premium

witchy

RE: Display won't shut off from screen saver
I don't have Norton. I use windows one care. I don't have usb mouse or
keyboard. I don't use bluetooth. I shut down the ehtray.exe process, but the
problem is still there.

"edellav" wrote:

> I had the same problem and followed the advice in Ronnie Vernon's response of
> 2/23/2007 under the thread "Screen Saver" (9 posts) of 2/21/2007 (see below).
> It solved the problem for me.
>
> "hospice" wrote:
>
> > I have gone into the power settings and advanced power settings (via the
> > screen saver options window) and changed the display to shut off after 10
> > minutes on the screen saver. I save the changes, but the monitor still does
> > not shut off after 10 minutes or 10 hours. Why wont the settings work? I do
> > have administrative privileges. I have Windows Vista Home Premium

TwoOkies is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Display won't shut off from screen saver

I had this same problem, searched and searched trying to fing the correction. Never did find one. However, someone said that Vista will shut off except when the photo screensaver was active.
When I went to change me screensaver, I noticed that the photo screensaver was set to begin after 5 minutes of inactivity. when I checked the Power Settings, I saw that the display was also set to turn off after 5 minutes. Ah Ha!!!! They conflict with each other.

I set my photo screen saver to start after 3 minutes of inactivity and the Power Settings to turn off the display after 4 minutes and that worked.

SOLUTION!

Make sure your photo screensaver is set to activate before the monitor is set to shut off in the power saver.

TwoOkies!