Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly

Erhard Glueck

Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly
Don't know something, so I ask:

In my native language German,
substantives begin with capital letters which are to type often.

When typewriting quickly often happens that also the letter following the
uppercase letter is also an uppercase letter.
E.g.
instead of Austria AUstria

I watch this for many years, and long time before I analyzed this
to see, whether my release of the cap key is delayed.
It was not, sure, but I don't fret about.

Now, with Gigahertz CPU and Vista, perhaps there is a way to adjust this
behavior.

Thank you, for your meaning
Erhard
Curt

Re: Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly
"Erhard Glueck" <erhard _ glueck _ austria@no.spam.hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:9C4CDAE3-BE4A-4CEF-B196-4173D43637DF@microsoft.com...
> Don't know something, so I ask:
>
> In my native language German,
> substantives begin with capital letters which are to type often.
>
> When typewriting quickly often happens that also the letter following the
> uppercase letter is also an uppercase letter.
> E.g.
> instead of Austria AUstria
>
> I watch this for many years, and long time before I analyzed this
> to see, whether my release of the cap key is delayed.
> It was not, sure, but I don't fret about.
>
> Now, with Gigahertz CPU and Vista, perhaps there is a way to adjust this
> behavior.
>
> Thank you, for your meaning
> Erhard

Enabling spell check might do it. I don't know about German.

In windows mail, tools> options> spelling.

Me, I am lucky if my lazy fingers can find the right keys today.

Riffrafter

Re: Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly

"Erhard Glueck" <erhard _ glueck _ austria@no.spam.hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:9C4CDAE3-BE4A-4CEF-B196-4173D43637DF@microsoft.com...
> Don't know something, so I ask:
>
> In my native language German,
> substantives begin with capital letters which are to type often.
>
> When typewriting quickly often happens that also the letter following the
> uppercase letter is also an uppercase letter.
> E.g.
> instead of Austria AUstria
>
> I watch this for many years, and long time before I analyzed this
> to see, whether my release of the cap key is delayed.
> It was not, sure, but I don't fret about.
>
> Now, with Gigahertz CPU and Vista, perhaps there is a way to adjust this
> behavior.
>
> Thank you, for your meaning
> Erhard

Hello Erhard,

I have the exact same problem. My "internet" username is RIff instead of
Riff on a number of online forums because of it.

Be great if we could figure out a way to make Vista somehow "smarter" in
order to catch it. MS Word 2007 catches this and fixes it on the fly. Wish
other programs did that too without having to use Spell Check.

By the way - there are 3 words in the message above that I need to fix
before sending this message out <laughing>. WOrd, ERhard & VIsta.

Best Regards,

-Riff

Dwarf

RE: Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly
Hi Erhard,

Check to make sure that you are not accidentally pressing 'Caps Lock'
instead of 'Shift'. Since both of these keys are in close proximity to each
other, (actually directly above and below each other), this kind of thing can
happen if you are not careful.
Dwarf

"Erhard Glueck" wrote:

> Don't know something, so I ask:
>
> In my native language German,
> substantives begin with capital letters which are to type often.
>
> When typewriting quickly often happens that also the letter following the
> uppercase letter is also an uppercase letter.
> E.g.
> instead of Austria AUstria
>
> I watch this for many years, and long time before I analyzed this
> to see, whether my release of the cap key is delayed.
> It was not, sure, but I don't fret about.
>
> Now, with Gigahertz CPU and Vista, perhaps there is a way to adjust this
> behavior.
>
> Thank you, for your meaning
> Erhard

Erhard Glueck

"Dwarf" <Dwarf@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Erhard,
>
> Check to make sure that you are not accidentally pressing 'Caps Lock'
> instead of 'Shift'. Since both of these keys are in close proximity to
> each
> other, (actually directly above and below each other), this kind of thing
> can
> happen if you are not careful.
> Dwarf

of course,
Erhard

Erhard Glueck

"Riffrafter" <spam-begone-sve@skads.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Erhard Glueck" <erhard _ glueck _ austria@no.spam.hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:9C4CDAE3-BE4A-4CEF-B196-4173D43637DF@microsoft.com...
>> Don't know something, so I ask:
>>
>> In my native language German,
>> substantives begin with capital letters which are to type often.
>>
>> When typewriting quickly often happens that also the letter following the
>> uppercase letter is also an uppercase letter.
>> E.g.
>> instead of Austria AUstria
>>
>> I watch this for many years, and long time before I analyzed this
>> to see, whether my release of the cap key is delayed.
>> It was not, sure, but I don't fret about.
>>
>> Now, with Gigahertz CPU and Vista, perhaps there is a way to adjust this
>> behavior.
>>
>> Thank you, for your meaning
>> Erhard

> Hello Erhard,
>
> I have the exact same problem. My "internet" username is RIff instead of
> Riff on a number of online forums because of it.
>
> Be great if we could figure out a way to make Vista somehow "smarter" in
> order to catch it. MS Word 2007 catches this and fixes it on the fly.
> Wish other programs did that too without having to use Spell Check.
>
> By the way - there are 3 words in the message above that I need to fix
> before sending this message out <laughing>. WOrd, ERhard & VIsta.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -Riff

Hallo Riff,

it is curious that no keyboard manufacture tells us,
which will be the best for us.

It would be simple to modify the timing after releasing the caps-shift-key
that the operating system reacts in our meaning.

Best typing
Erhard

Dan

Re: Typewriting lowercase after uppercase letters quickly
You did not mention -swapping out keyboards- in your several posts. Did you
try this?

When you give the simpleton response: "of course" it assumes I might think
your stupid. This is not the case. Sometimes we miss the most obvious things
because were human. And when someone takes the time and reads your post and
Freely gives you advise don’t act like your entitled ...because your not. Get
grateful.

Erhard Glueck

"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You did not mention -swapping out keyboards- in your several posts. Did
> you
> try this?

Dan,
please tell me about swapping out keyboards,
is it off topic or are this keyboards a useful kind of devices,
which would be useful for me.
Erhard