Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power

The Survivor

Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power
I use a Vista Business OS installed but am unable to see thumbnail preview in
my taskbar. When I check the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties it shows as
greyed but deselected and I have not found a way to enable this option.
Similarly under Notification Area Tab the Power option inder System Icons
also is greyed and deselected. Can anyone tell me how to select this 'Show
Window previews (thumbnails)' and 'Power' options.

Thanks in advance
Lo Fu

RE: Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power
You may not have Windows Aero's enabled.

To enable it right click the start button.

Click properties.

Click the Taskbar tab on the popup.

Next click the "How do I customize the taskbar.

Click on "The Taskbar (Overview)". Scroll down to "See Previews of you
Window Pane"

Now follow the instructions in that area. If you still can't get Window's
Aero to work more than likely you installed a program that requires a
different display setting and has disabled it and switched the setting to
Window's Basic. You will need to disable that program in order for Aero to
work. I had this problem with a program called Unlead DVD witch is a DVD
palyer. Totally not needed.

GL hope it owrks for you.

"The Survivor" wrote:

> I use a Vista Business OS installed but am unable to see thumbnail preview in
> my taskbar. When I check the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties it shows as
> greyed but deselected and I have not found a way to enable this option.
> Similarly under Notification Area Tab the Power option inder System Icons
> also is greyed and deselected. Can anyone tell me how to select this 'Show
> Window previews (thumbnails)' and 'Power' options.
>
> Thanks in advance

Brink

The Survivor;565380 Wrote:
> I use a Vista Business OS installed but am unable to see thumbnail
> preview in
> my taskbar. When I check the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties it shows
> as
> greyed but deselected and I have not found a way to enable this option.
> Similarly under Notification Area Tab the Power option inder System
> Icons
> also is greyed and deselected. Can anyone tell me how to select this
> 'Show
> Window previews (thumbnails)' and 'Power' options.
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Survivor,

This will show you how to turn the Taskbar thumbnails on.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...s-taskbar.html

This will show you how to turn on the Notificaton System Power icon.
This option will remain grayed out unless your using a laptop on battery
power or a computer that is on a UPS battery backup.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
The Survivor

RE: Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power
Thanks Lo Fu and Brink for your suggestions. Brink your links worked like a
balm. Thanks a million for your suggested links.

"The Survivor" wrote:

> I use a Vista Business OS installed but am unable to see thumbnail preview in
> my taskbar. When I check the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties it shows as
> greyed but deselected and I have not found a way to enable this option.
> Similarly under Notification Area Tab the Power option inder System Icons
> also is greyed and deselected. Can anyone tell me how to select this 'Show
> Window previews (thumbnails)' and 'Power' options.
>
> Thanks in advance

Brink

The Survivor;611528 Wrote:
> Thanks Lo Fu and Brink for your suggestions. Brink your links worked
> like a
> balm. Thanks a million for your suggested links.
>
> "The Survivor" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I use a Vista Business OS installed but am unable to see thumbnail

> > preview in
> > > my taskbar. When I check the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties it

> > shows as
> > > greyed but deselected and I have not found a way to enable this

> > option.
> > > Similarly under Notification Area Tab the Power option inder System

> > Icons
> > > also is greyed and deselected. Can anyone tell me how to select this

> > 'Show
> > > Window previews (thumbnails)' and 'Power' options.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance > >

Your welcome The Survivor. Thank you for the feedback.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ritee

Re: Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power

Thanks a lot Brink for your inputs, i have also been able to get Vista
thumbnail on my system.

--
Ritee
Brink

Re: Reg Disabled Windows Preview(Thumbnails ) and Power

Your welcome Ritee, and welcome to Vista x64 Forums. arty:

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'