Control Panel / "Programs and Features" Won't Open

NumberCruncher

Control Panel / "Programs and Features" Won't Open
When I click on the "Program and Features" icon in the Control Panel window,
I get the response "Windows Explorer has stopped working", then "Windows is
checking for a solution to the problem", then "Windows Explorer is
restarting". This happens every time I click on "Programs and Features".
Re-booting does not help. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how
to correct this problem? Thanks very much.

SG

Re: Control Panel / "Programs and Features" Won't Open
NumberCruncher,

A post from Rick Rogers.......

Quote:
A fix would only be made available if it were broken for many people. For
most explorer is not broken, however I have seen it broken by the addition
of spy/ad programs, incompatible shell enhancing programs, and other
software. You will need to selectively disable running programs to decipher
which one is interfering with the shell on your system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
End Quote:

Also if you need to uninstall something without using Control Panel, may I
suggest a program I use and is a standalone program which you do not need to
install.

MyUninstaller v1.37
MyUninstaller is an alternative utility to the standard Add/Remove applet of
Windows operating system
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html#desktop_utils

--
All the best,
SG

"NumberCruncher" <NumberCruncher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on the "Program and Features" icon in the Control Panel
> window,
> I get the response "Windows Explorer has stopped working", then "Windows
> is
> checking for a solution to the problem", then "Windows Explorer is
> restarting". This happens every time I click on "Programs and Features".
> Re-booting does not help. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on
> how
> to correct this problem? Thanks very much.

NumberCruncher

Re: Control Panel / "Programs and Features" Won't Open
Thanks SG. That is some very logical advice.