context menu/right click

brett

context menu/right click
i have loads of items missing from my right click menu when i click on files
the run as has gone also the open and install have all gone a few winrar have
gone even though i have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I'm running vista
ultimate i have 1535mb ram with a 512ddr2 graphics card please help or i'm
going back to xp
Rick Rogers

Re: context menu/right click
Hi,

Have you ran system restore yet? What did you install or change prior to
this happening?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have loads of items missing from my right click menu when i click on
>files
> the run as has gone also the open and install have all gone a few winrar
> have
> gone even though i have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I'm running
> vista
> ultimate i have 1535mb ram with a 512ddr2 graphics card please help or i'm
> going back to xp

brett

Re: context menu/right click
i have uninstalled a few programs one of which was yamicsoft vista manager i
also removed all my graphics drivers as i have just updated that but they had
gone before that

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you ran system restore yet? What did you install or change prior to
> this happening?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have loads of items missing from my right click menu when i click on
> >files
> > the run as has gone also the open and install have all gone a few winrar
> > have
> > gone even though i have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I'm running
> > vista
> > ultimate i have 1535mb ram with a 512ddr2 graphics card please help or i'm
> > going back to xp

Rick Rogers

Re: context menu/right click
Hi,

Can you get to a restore point dated prior to their gone missing?

--

>i have uninstalled a few programs one of which was yamicsoft vista manager
> also removed all my graphics drivers as i have just updated that but they
> had
> gone before that
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you ran system restore yet? What did you install or change prior to
>> this happening?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have loads of items missing from my right click menu when i click on
>> >files
>> > the run as has gone also the open and install have all gone a few
>> > winrar
>> > have
>> > gone even though i have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I'm running
>> > vista
>> > ultimate i have 1535mb ram with a 512ddr2 graphics card please help or
>> > i'm
>> > going back to xp

SG

Re: context menu/right click
Hi,

Have you used "any" registry cleaners lately?

--
All the best,
SG

"brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have loads of items missing from my right click menu when i click on
>files
> the run as has gone also the open and install have all gone a few winrar
> have
> gone even though i have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I'm running
> vista
> ultimate i have 1535mb ram with a 512ddr2 graphics card please help or i'm
> going back to xp

brett

Re: context menu/right click
no

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you get to a restore point dated prior to their gone missing?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have uninstalled a few programs one of which was yamicsoft vista manager
> > also removed all my graphics drivers as i have just updated that but they
> > had
> > gone before that
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Have you ran system restore yet? What did you install or change prior to
> >> this happening?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

yarek

Re: context menu/right click
I am having the same problem... I can't system restore the problem away
either.

"brett" wrote:

> no
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you get to a restore point dated prior to their gone missing?
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >i have uninstalled a few programs one of which was yamicsoft vista manager
> > > also removed all my graphics drivers as i have just updated that but they
> > > had
> > > gone before that

david999 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
same issue
I have same problem on visa ultimate 64 I have tried many things including sys restore & re-installing winrar I have seen in another forum it might have something to do with QT tabbar I am curios if you are also running this program I would love to be able to fix this! it is annoying to say the least vista is still VERY buggy
Paul Montgomery

Re: context menu/right click
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 03:22:05 +0100, david999
<david999.3dg003@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I have same problem on visa ultimate 64 I have tried many things
>including sys restore & re-installing winrar I have seen in another
>forum it might have something to do with QT tabbar I am curios if you
>are also running this program I would love to be able to fix this! it is
>annoying to say the least vista is still VERY buggy

The person you hope will jump in and answer you hasn't posted in that
thread since JANUARY 8.

All we know about your problem is what we see above... almost nothing.

Either quote what you are replying to, or describe your problem in detail.

david999 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Montgomery View Post
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 03:22:05 +0100, david999
<david999.3dg003@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I have same problem on visa ultimate 64 I have tried many things
>including sys restore & re-installing winrar I have seen in another
>forum it might have something to do with QT tabbar I am curios if you
>are also running this program I would love to be able to fix this! it is
>annoying to say the least vista is still VERY buggy

The person you hope will jump in and answer you hasn't posted in that
thread since JANUARY 8.

All we know about your problem is what we see above... almost nothing.

Either quote what you are replying to, or describe your problem in detail.
I am replying to Brett I am having the same problem winrar and other programs like media player classic and km player and other system items notepad, command prompt,and others have disappeared from the right click menu I have tried holding the alt button down while right clicking on either rar or media files every now and then some will re-appear I havn't run any reg programs! I have tried re-installing but this does not fix the issue, any advice appreciated.