Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During Start

Robersabel

Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During Start
Recently during start up, there is a black screen with several modes
revealed. It appears momentarily disallowing one to read the complete screen.

How may I eleminate the black screen during start up? It remines me when I
press F8 revealing a number of Modes.

Robert
Rick Rogers

Re: Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During Start
Hi,

Click start and type CMD, right click the start menu entry that appears and
choose 'run as administrator'. From the prompt, run "bcdedit /enum". Paste
the results into a response (ask if you need assistance with this).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Robersabel" <Robert> wrote in message
> Recently during start up, there is a black screen with several modes
> revealed. It appears momentarily disallowing one to read the complete
> screen.
>
> How may I eleminate the black screen during start up? It remines me when
> press F8 revealing a number of Modes.
>
> Robert

Robersabel

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Click start and type CMD,

Where do I type CMD?

Robert

Rick Rogers

Re: Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During S
Into the search line.

--

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Click start and type CMD,

> Where do I type CMD?
>
> Robert

Robersabel

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Into the search line.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Robersabel" <Robert> wrote in message
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Click start and type CMD,

> > Where do I type CMD?
> >
> > Robert

Robersabel

Re: Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During S
Perhaps we are on different pages. I have XP...I enter CMD in search and
receive over 50 lines to choose.

Robert

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Into the search line.

Dave

Re: Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During S
This newsgroup is for Vista problems, not for XP..
so you are on a different page...

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Robersabel" <Robert> wrote in message
news2C44916-A7DF-43EE-AA7F-C3835AEEA64D@microsoft.com...
> Perhaps we are on different pages. I have XP...I enter CMD in search and
> receive over 50 lines to choose.
>
> Robert
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Into the search line.

Rick Rogers

Re: Black Screen with Mode Selection Momentarily Revealed During S
Totally different problem with XP. You should have asked this question in a
group that supports XP. Click start/run or hit the winkey+r to open a run
box. Type in msconfig and click ok. Go to the boot tab and uncheck the
option that shows the selection menu on boot.