Split Desktop

Dippee27

Split Desktop
I have done everything I can think of to try and fix this. I have a Compaq
laptop with Windows Vista. It's less than a year old, Vista was on it when I
bought it (new) My desktop is split into 4 screens. Like, there's 4 sets of
start buttons and everything. PLEASE HELP! I have shut it down, restarted,
played with different monitor/display settings, cleaned the whole thing out,
ran multiple scans and defragmenter. I have a printing company and NEED this
computer. Sure, it still works, but the screens are smaller and hard to read
because there are 4 of them! PLEASE HELP ASAP!

jamesah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Split Desktop
[quote=Dippee27;607044]
We have a similar problem: we are new users of both Vista and a Laptop. Four days ago, after using Google Earth, my wife found that on exit from it, the desktop was slpit in two, with the Start button in the top right corner of the right pane. We tried re-booting to no avail. I then tried doing a sytem restore, using a restore point prior to the use of Google earth; however this restore failed to complete, so I then tried the restore point before that and it also failed to complete. I have managed to drag / resize the right pane so that it is now a small one on the right of the display, so we can use the system, but the right panel and icons are now tightly packed into the small pane. I have not found an option to reset the desktop to normal. We would like to return to "normal working"! Thanks for any advice / pointers to fix this.
Badger

Re: Split Desktop
Try dragging it to the bottom?