I want to figure out a way to create a "special"selective startup routine
for this computer.
I use a software program for my business created by MakeMusic
) called Finale 2008. It is a music notation software
program that uses both processor and RAM intensively. I run into problems
using Finale 2008 with large orchestral scores that I compose with the
software due to the competition for processor/RAM allocations.
I would like to be able to use a special selective startup routine that
would have the following requirements:
1. No internet connection available
2. No Symantec internet security, virus programs, SpyBot Search and Destroy
3. No software programs running in background that are not related to the
operating system functioning
4. I would need all audio programs running
5. I would need print spooler and ability to use PDF-Creator functionals
(print to file capability)
6. I would need Adobe Reader functions
7. Then just the Finale 2008 software running without it having to compete
for processor/RAM resources from extraneous software unneeded for its
Past attempted fixes (that didn't work): altering startup items manually
using Run/msconfig/Start Up Programs; altering the way programs start in
I've rebuilt the Windows Vista desktop twice in the last three days with the
problems associated with the above-mentioned failed attempt to create the
operating system environment for running Finale 2008 software with the best
use of processor/RAM allocations.
I do have a dxdiag file available for sending off-group to a Microsoft MVP
technician if some interest in this question generates
Thanks for the help!