New PC

Sammi_Babe

New PC
Hi,

Hope this is the right place. I have a friend with a problem as detailed
below:

My sister has bought a new pc which came preinstalled with Vista Home
Basic. In her impatience to get things going, she ignored the bit that
encouraged her to make the restore disks, two blank DVDs being supplied
for this purpose. She has not been supplied with any other disks,
neither OS nor drivers. Having started to use the pc is there any way
she can make these restore disks now? She has found areas where it
instructs on backing up files, but not producing the restore disks.

Can anyone help?

Zebra Code

Re: New PC

"Sammi_Babe"
> Hi,
> Hope this is the right place. I have a friend with a problem as detailed
> below:
> My sister has bought a new pc which came preinstalled with Vista Home
> Basic. In her impatience to get things going, she ignored the bit that
> encouraged her to make the restore disks, two blank DVDs being supplied
> for this purpose. She has not been supplied with any other disks,
> neither OS nor drivers. Having started to use the pc is there any way
> she can make these restore disks now? She has found areas where it
> instructs on backing up files, but not producing the restore disks.
> Can anyone help?

i made the restore disks of this hp -- 2 dvd's + 1 cd -- 30-45 days after
buying it. in my start menu i still have an item (though i think it only can
be executed once).
you'd finde somewhere among start > programs.
hth, ZC

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: New PC
Instructions for creating recovery discs can be found at
the support web site of the manufacturer who built the
computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sammi_Babe" <Sammi_Babe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsCE3A4E4-100B-4FA3-B853-8747F0A67562@microsoft.com...
Hi,

Hope this is the right place. I have a friend with a problem as detailed
below:

My sister has bought a new pc which came preinstalled with Vista Home
Basic. In her impatience to get things going, she ignored the bit that
encouraged her to make the restore disks, two blank DVDs being supplied
for this purpose. She has not been supplied with any other disks,
neither OS nor drivers. Having started to use the pc is there any way
she can make these restore disks now? She has found areas where it
instructs on backing up files, but not producing the restore disks.

Can anyone help?

AJ

Re: New PC
That is usually the best location, since the manufacturer is normally the
source for the specific drivers and specialized programmes installed on
their products. To bad the maufacturer of the operating system does not
supply good documation for their product and it's respective functions.
IMHO!