!!BAD VISTA UPDATE FILE: KB929777!!

KC-Orchestrator

!!BAD VISTA UPDATE FILE: KB929777!!
I've had to rebuild Vista Business O/S twice in last 48 hours. Noticed this
Vista update file getting an Error Code: 8000FFFF when it tries to install
into desktop.

Richard
--
Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook;
4..7 Windows Experience
zhangxiang

Re: !!BAD VISTA UPDATE FILE: KB929777!!
Hey I think you can try this way:
Click Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter, then run the following command:

bcdedit /set removememory 2813

Note: The value at the right of the removememory switch is the amount of MB
of RAM that you want to remove from the system. Make sure you make the
correct calculations, otherwise you'll render your system in a
non-operational state, and will have to repair it.

Next, reboot the computer,
Try to reinstall the KB 929777 hotfix, and voila, it successfully installs.
Now we need to revert the booting option to normal. In order to do that:

Click Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter, then run the following command:

bcdedit /deletevalue removememory

Reboot the computer and look at Task Manager to verify that it now "sees"
the normal amount of physical memory.

==============================
you can download theKB929777 hotfix from here:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...777-v2-x86.msu

Best regards
cdzhangxiang

"KC-Orchestrator" <kcorchestrator-2@att.net> 写入消息
> [...]

==============================
you can download theKB929777 hotfix from here:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...777-v2-x86.msu

Best regards
cdzhangxiang

--
cdzhangxiang
"KC-Orchestrator" <kcorchestrator-2@att.net> 写入消息
> I've had to rebuild Vista Business O/S twice in last 48 hours. Noticed
> this
> Vista update file getting an Error Code: 8000FFFF when it tries to install
> into desktop.
>
> Richard
> --
> Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook;
> 4..7 Windows Experience
> Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20 Ghz/2.20 Ghz;
> RAM: 3583 MB
> System Type: 32-bit O/S
> Norton Protection Center; Norton Internet Security; A/V.

Richard L. Matthis

Re: !!BAD VISTA UPDATE FILE: KB929777!!
Rather than monkey around with the Run Command suggestion, I tried using the
standalone update for this update file and it failed to install.

Richard Matthis