Console session

RAW

Console session
Greetings,
I must run the SFC.EXE program due to many system creshes. When I type in
the proper command I get "must be logged on as administrater and doing a
console session." Since I own the computer and purchased windpws vista I can
safely believe I am the administater but the console session thingy has me
all confused. Can/Will anyone please assist me?
Thank you in advance for (I hope) the help.
Richard
rwavle@aol.com
Rick Rogers

Re: Console session
Hi,

To run this, you must run with elevated privileges even though you are an
admin. Right click the command prompt link, choose 'run as administrator'.
Click continue at the UAC prompt, then run sfc from this level.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RAW" <RAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> I must run the SFC.EXE program due to many system creshes. When I type in
> the proper command I get "must be logged on as administrater and doing a
> console session." Since I own the computer and purchased windpws vista I
> can
> safely believe I am the administater but the console session thingy has me
> all confused. Can/Will anyone please assist me?
> Thank you in advance for (I hope) the help.
> Richard
> rwavle@aol.com

RAW

Re: Console session
Thanks Rick. I had trouble finding the "run as Administrator" until you told
me to click the link. My problem was that I had two accounts in Vista so I
could sign on as administator, but I did not password protect the
administator account.. I don't know what adding a password did but it all
started working, allowing me to run SFC and dskchk, which I could not do
before. Maybe the information about adding a password is something new, I
don't know, but I hope it may also help someone else.
Thanks again.
Richard