Windows Shield in Icon

StrangeDze

Windows Shield in Icon
Greetings,
In five of my desktop icons, there is Windows Shield that displays. What
does this denote and is it of importance? Thanx . . .SD
--
.. . . ;-} StrangeDze
I enjoyed the movie Strange Days
Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows Shield in Icon
It means that the program, when run, will require Administrator permission
to run.

"StrangeDze" <StrangeDze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> In five of my desktop icons, there is Windows Shield that displays. What
> does this denote and is it of importance? Thanx . . .SD
> --
> . . . ;-} StrangeDze
> I enjoyed the movie Strange Days
> I am sometimes found in a strange daze.
> I am known to have strange days.

StrangeDze

Re: Windows Shield in Icon
Thanx Richard.
I am sole user and Administrator. Is there a way to permanently allow these
programs as Administrator? Thanx . . .
--

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> It means that the program, when run, will require Administrator permission
> to run.

> "StrangeDze" <StrangeDze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> > In five of my desktop icons, there is Windows Shield that displays. What
> > does this denote and is it of importance? Thanx . . .SD
> > --
> > . . . ;-} StrangeDze
> > I enjoyed the movie Strange Days
> > I am sometimes found in a strange daze.
> > I am known to have strange days.

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Shield in Icon
Hi,

You might want to try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946932

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Thanx Richard.
> I am sole user and Administrator. Is there a way to permanently allow
> these
> programs as Administrator? Thanx . . .
> --
> . . . ;-} StrangeDze
> I enjoyed the movie Strange Days
> I am sometimes found in a strange daze.
> I am known to have strange days.
>

> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> It means that the program, when run, will require Administrator
>> permission
>> to run.

>> "StrangeDze" <StrangeDze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Greetings,
>> > In five of my desktop icons, there is Windows Shield that displays.
>> > What
>> > does this denote and is it of importance? Thanx . . .SD
>> > --
>> > . . . ;-} StrangeDze
>> > I enjoyed the movie Strange Days
>> > I am sometimes found in a strange daze.