defrag will not run HELP PLEASE

Speedy74

defrag will not run HELP PLEASE
hey there

my problem is that defrag will not run when i try to activate it askes for
my promission to run and i giv it, but then nothing happens..

i am running vista home premium

can anyone please help me....
Rick Rogers

Re: defrag will not run HELP PLEASE
You wouldn't normally see anything, the defrag routine has no graphical
interface. It is designed to run as a low priority process in the
background.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Speedy74" <Speedy74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey there
>
> my problem is that defrag will not run when i try to activate it askes for
> my promission to run and i giv it, but then nothing happens..
>
> i am running vista home premium
>
> can anyone please help me....

Speedy74

Re: defrag will not run HELP PLEASE
I know that, but that is not the problem

The problem is that when i try to open defrag it will not start up so i can
run it

Speedy74

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> You wouldn't normally see anything, the defrag routine has no graphical
> interface. It is designed to run as a low priority process in the
> background.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Speedy74" <Speedy74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey there
> >
> > my problem is that defrag will not run when i try to activate it askes for
> > my promission to run and i giv it, but then nothing happens..
> >
> > i am running vista home premium
> >
> > can anyone please help me....

Rick Rogers

Re: defrag will not run HELP PLEASE
Hi,

Are you sure it's not already running? Check via task manager. If there are
multiple instances of it, this may interfere as well.

--

>I know that, but that is not the problem
>
> The problem is that when i try to open defrag it will not start up so i
> can
> run it
>
> Speedy74
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> You wouldn't normally see anything, the defrag routine has no graphical
>> interface. It is designed to run as a low priority process in the
>> background.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Speedy74" <Speedy74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hey there
>> >
>> > my problem is that defrag will not run when i try to activate it askes
>> > for
>> > my promission to run and i giv it, but then nothing happens..
>> >
>> > i am running vista home premium
>> >
>> > can anyone please help me....

Speedy74

Re: defrag will not run HELP PLEASE
It is not running in task manager. and i have just deleted windows, formated
the harddriv and re-installed windows, and it still woun't run....