UAC fade effect

Psyha

UAC fade effect
When I first started with Vista and a UAC alert appeared, there would be a
nice fade effect that darkened the screen. Recently, the screen refreshes
(which is very ugly), and then the darkened screen immediately appears.
Occasionally the alert will not automatically move to the top, and I will not
notice it until I look at the taskbar and see it blinking. Is this some
strange problem with my video card? Is there a fade effect at all, or am i
dreaming it up? How can I fix this problem if there is a way to make this
work?

Thanks.
brink

Re: UAC fade effect

Psyha;562650 Wrote:
> When I first started with Vista and a UAC alert appeared, there would be
> nice fade effect that darkened the screen. Recently, the screen
> refreshes
> (which is very ugly), and then the darkened screen immediately appears.
> Occasionally the alert will not automatically move to the top, and I
> will not
> notice it until I look at the taskbar and see it blinking. Is this some
> strange problem with my video card? Is there a fade effect at all, or
> am i
> dreaming it up? How can I fix this problem if there is a way to make
> this
> work?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Psyha,

When you click on the blinking tab on the taskbar, do you then get the
darkened screen with the UAC prompt as usual?

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Psyha

Re: UAC fade effect
Yes, I do get the darkened screen as usual.

"brink" wrote:

> Psyha;562650 Wrote:
> > When I first started with Vista and a UAC alert appeared, there would be
> > nice fade effect that darkened the screen. Recently, the screen
> > refreshes
> > (which is very ugly), and then the darkened screen immediately appears.
> > Occasionally the alert will not automatically move to the top, and I
> > will not
> > notice it until I look at the taskbar and see it blinking. Is this some
> > strange problem with my video card? Is there a fade effect at all, or
> > am i
> > dreaming it up? How can I fix this problem if there is a way to make
> > this
> > work?
> >
> > Thanks.

> Hi Psyha,
>
> When you click on the blinking tab on the taskbar, do you then get the
> darkened screen with the UAC prompt as usual?
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Psyha

Re: UAC fade effect
I'm bumbing this comment back up as it has been ignored, but I know at least
one other user has experienced this problem:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-perfor...t-control.html

The person in this thread replied "known bug." Will the bug be fixed in SP1?