Back & restore

Al

Back & restore
When I attempt to utilize the back up function in Vista, I receive an error
message: 0x80041321. It will not let me continue. How can I rectify?
Hawaii Recruiter

Re: Back & restore
Same thing is happening to my Vista Home Premium O/S...cannot create a
restore point and get an error message telling me there is not enough room
on my disk. There is a ton of room on the C drive and the D drive is full
of backup files. It is at (0x80070070) Any ideas what to do...Need to have
a new restore point so that I can install my new HP All in One printer which
will likely mess things up again...This Vista seems pretty wobbly to me...

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to utilize the back up function in Vista, I receive an
> error
> message: 0x80041321. It will not let me continue. How can I rectify?

John Hanley

Re: Back & restore
On my system, the D: drive is a partition of the main hard drive and is
reserved for system restore and I do not and should not be putting backup
files on that drive. I use a separate USB external hard drive as my file
backup destination.

"Hawaii Recruiter" <steinberl001@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
> Same thing is happening to my Vista Home Premium O/S...cannot create a
> restore point and get an error message telling me there is not enough room
> on my disk. There is a ton of room on the C drive and the D drive is full
> of backup files. It is at (0x80070070) Any ideas what to do...Need to
> have a new restore point so that I can install my new HP All in One
> printer which will likely mess things up again...This Vista seems pretty
> wobbly to me...
>

> "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I attempt to utilize the back up function in Vista, I receive an
>> error
>> message: 0x80041321. It will not let me continue. How can I rectify?

belsize B

Re: Back & restore
Me too, "Not enough disk space" to create a point for the C drive but created
one for the other?????

"John Hanley" wrote:

> On my system, the D: drive is a partition of the main hard drive and is
> reserved for system restore and I do not and should not be putting backup
> files on that drive. I use a separate USB external hard drive as my file
> backup destination.
>
> "Hawaii Recruiter" <steinberl001@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Same thing is happening to my Vista Home Premium O/S...cannot create a
> > restore point and get an error message telling me there is not enough room
> > on my disk. There is a ton of room on the C drive and the D drive is full
> > of backup files. It is at (0x80070070) Any ideas what to do...Need to
> > have a new restore point so that I can install my new HP All in One
> > printer which will likely mess things up again...This Vista seems pretty
> > wobbly to me...
> >

> > "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> When I attempt to utilize the back up function in Vista, I receive an
> >> error
> >> message: 0x80041321. It will not let me continue. How can I rectify?

t-4-2

Re: Back & restore

belsize B;700913 Wrote:
> Me too, "Not enough disk space" to create a point for the C drive but
> created
> one for the other?????
>
> "John Hanley" wrote:
> > > >
> > > On my system, the D: drive is a partition of the main hard drive and

> > is
> > > reserved for system restore and I do not and should not be putting

> > backup
> > > files on that drive. I use a separate USB external hard drive as my

> > file
> > > backup destination.
> > >
> > > "Hawaii Recruiter" <steinberl001@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello,
When was the last time (if at all) you guys ran a disk cleanup ?

--
t-4-2
t-4-2

Re: Back & restore

belsize B;700913 Wrote:
> Me too, "Not enough disk space" to create a point for the C drive but
> created
> one for the other?????
>
> "John Hanley" wrote:
> > > >
> > > On my system, the D: drive is a partition of the main hard drive and

> > is
> > > reserved for system restore and I do not and should not be putting

> > backup
> > > files on that drive. I use a separate USB external hard drive as my

> > file
> > > backup destination.
> > >
> > > "Hawaii Recruiter" <steinberl001@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello guys,
When was the last time you ran a disk cleanup ?
Hawaii Recruit : " There is a ton of room on the C drive --".That means
how many GB left available? You need 15% of the TOTAL space just for
storing the restore points.
John Hanley : your partitioned D drive is for RECOVERY , not system
restore. You are right that external hard drive is best solution for
files backup.
Whatever you guys do, DO NOT TOUCH the D drive.

--
t-4-2