random hangs and doesn't come back

cab_cool

random hangs and doesn't come back
my computer hangs and doesn't came back even after 2 hours and it happens
when i'm doing anything. it has hung twice just tring to write this question
it hangs even when the computer is idle. and the only solution that works so
far is to hit the reset button

if it helps here are my spec for my computer:
Q6600, p35c-ds3r, gigabyte 8800gts, 4x kingston 1066MHz 1gig RAM, seagate
7200rpm 750GB hard drive. also have 3 fans keeping to cool 1 for CPU + 2 for
case, none are overclocked

what is wrong with my computer?
i have all the updates for everything
Rick Rogers

Re: random hangs and doesn't come back
Hi,

Run the memory diagnostic tool, you may have a faulty stick. To do so, just
type "memory diagnostic" into the start/search line and the tool will be in
the program listing. Select it, and follow the prompts for the test to run
on a system restart. At the end it will reload Vista and give you a report
as to the condition of your memory.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer hangs and doesn't came back even after 2 hours and it happens
> when i'm doing anything. it has hung twice just tring to write this
> question
> it hangs even when the computer is idle. and the only solution that works
> so
> far is to hit the reset button
>
> if it helps here are my spec for my computer:
> Q6600, p35c-ds3r, gigabyte 8800gts, 4x kingston 1066MHz 1gig RAM, seagate
> 7200rpm 750GB hard drive. also have 3 fans keeping to cool 1 for CPU + 2
> for
> case, none are overclocked
>
> what is wrong with my computer?
> i have all the updates for everything

cab_cool

Re: random hangs and doesn't come back
thank you i have a memory issue with my ram

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Run the memory diagnostic tool, you may have a faulty stick. To do so, just
> type "memory diagnostic" into the start/search line and the tool will be in
> the program listing. Select it, and follow the prompts for the test to run
> on a system restart. At the end it will reload Vista and give you a report
> as to the condition of your memory.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my computer hangs and doesn't came back even after 2 hours and it happens
> > when i'm doing anything. it has hung twice just tring to write this
> > question
> > it hangs even when the computer is idle. and the only solution that works
> > so
> > far is to hit the reset button
> >
> > if it helps here are my spec for my computer:
> > Q6600, p35c-ds3r, gigabyte 8800gts, 4x kingston 1066MHz 1gig RAM, seagate
> > 7200rpm 750GB hard drive. also have 3 fans keeping to cool 1 for CPU + 2
> > for
> > case, none are overclocked
> >
> > what is wrong with my computer?
> > i have all the updates for everything

corny

"cab_cool" wrote:

> thank you i have a memory issue with my ram
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Run the memory diagnostic tool, you may have a faulty stick. To do so, just
> > type "memory diagnostic" into the start/search line and the tool will be in
> > the program listing. Select it, and follow the prompts for the test to run
> > on a system restart. At the end it will reload Vista and give you a report
> > as to the condition of your memory.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > my computer hangs and doesn't came back even after 2 hours and it happens
> > > when i'm doing anything. it has hung twice just tring to write this
> > > question
> > > it hangs even when the computer is idle. and the only solution that works
> > > so
> > > far is to hit the reset button
> > >
> > > if it helps here are my spec for my computer:
> > > Q6600, p35c-ds3r, gigabyte 8800gts, 4x kingston 1066MHz 1gig RAM, seagate
> > > 7200rpm 750GB hard drive. also have 3 fans keeping to cool 1 for CPU + 2
> > > for
> > > case, none are overclocked
> > >
> > > what is wrong with my computer?
> > > i have all the updates for everything

corny

Re: random hangs and doesn't come back
I have the same problem... on idle VISTA hangs. I have run memory
diagnostics and there were no problems posted. My systems hangs usually once
or twice a day (randomly).
My System: HP DV6700 Laptop.
Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1)
Intel Duo CPU T5750@2.00 GHz
4.00 GB Ram
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corny