Installing old Vista backup? HELP

Alan

Installing old Vista backup? HELP
Hello everyone
I had a problem with my graphics card on my laptop
so after speaking with technical services people the best option was to
completely reinstall all software using back up discs. Before I started I
used Vista backup program to backup everything to my d drive for safe
keeping. When I had finished reinstalling software I tried to reinstall the
backed up documents from d drive but got a message that no backup could be
found. I can see the backup on my d drive so decided to backup my newly
installed software to see if this copy could be found. My new empty backup
can be found by vista but my old one done before can’t be found. Can I open
both back up copies and copy and paste all documents from my old backup to my
new one so it can be reinstalled that way.
Regards
Alan

Christine [MSFT]

RE: Installing old Vista backup? HELP
Hi Alan,

After you've reinstalled your machine, the backup catalog is wiped that's
why it couldn't recognize your old backup automatically.
To restore your old backup, go to "Advanced restore"->restore "Files from a
backup made on a different computer"

Thanks,
--
Christine Fok, Program Manager, Storage Solution Division