power icon lost/missing.

Josh

power icon lost/missing.
I own an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop, that runs Windows Vista Ultimate. The
other day I noticed that the battery icon in the lower right hand corner had
dissappeared. I tried looking in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" and
under the "Notification Area" but the power box under "System icons" was
avaliable for checking.

I've tried restarting my computer, because that would sometimes help, and
I've tried chaning power plans, but nothing seems to work.

Could someone help me?
Jenn

RE: power icon lost/missing.
josh i'm having the same issue but i own a sony vaio (unfortunately...) and
right now i'm trying to figure out why this is happening with vaio online
support. they seem to have no idea what i'm talking about but are suggesting
its a drivers issue. i tried doing it even though i'm not really sure what
i'm doing exactly and i got my network icon back. now all i need are my
volume and power and i'm back up and running.

"Josh" wrote:

> I own an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop, that runs Windows Vista Ultimate. The
> other day I noticed that the battery icon in the lower right hand corner had
> dissappeared. I tried looking in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" and
> under the "Notification Area" but the power box under "System icons" was
> avaliable for checking.
>
> I've tried restarting my computer, because that would sometimes help, and
> I've tried chaning power plans, but nothing seems to work.
>
> Could someone help me?

SUPERphammie

Re: power icon lost/missing.

Jenn;567633 Wrote:
> josh i'm having the same issue but i own a sony vaio (unfortunately...)
> and
> right now i'm trying to figure out why this is happening with vaio
> online
> support. they seem to have no idea what i'm talking about but are
> suggesting
> its a drivers issue. i tried doing it even though i'm not really sure
> what
> i'm doing exactly and i got my network icon back. now all i need are my
> volume and power and i'm back up and running.
>
> "Josh" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I own an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop, that runs Windows Vista Ultimate.

> > The
> > > other day I noticed that the battery icon in the lower right hand

> > corner had
> > > dissappeared. I tried looking in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

> > and
> > > under the "Notification Area" but the power box under "System icons"

> > was
> > > avaliable for checking.
> > >
> > > I've tried restarting my computer, because that would sometimes help,

> > and
> > > I've tried chaning power plans, but nothing seems to work.
> > >
> > > Could someone help me? > >

Heys, ermm I had the same proble too. I don't think it has anything to
do with the software or anything. And i don't know if this work for you
guys but I simply unplugged my power, then took the battery out...*went
for some ice-cream* came back and put it back in*without attaching the
adapter yet*...logged in and the battery icon was there, then i plugged
my adapter in and it showed the charging icon. Everything normal...hoped
this help. =]

Phammie.

--
SUPERphammie

Location: London, UK
mayfairsilver is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right click on the taskbar, near the notification icons in the bottom right of the screen.

Press properties.

At the bottom of the popup are 'System icons', and clock / volume / network / power can be switched on/off.

Let me know if that does the trick.

MS
__________________
www.mayfairsilver.com
harrylim

Re: power icon lost/missing.

Dear,
I go to property in taskbar and chosen Notification tab, but the icon
power feild is inactive(please see image I attached below), how can I
get it back?

|Filename: Untitled-1.jpg |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4810|

harrylim
sailor

Re: power icon lost/missing.

I have the same problem with the battery icon missing. It is inactive
when you click on the task bar. There seems to be another icon missing
as well, but the batter level in the one I really need.
My rig is a HP pavilion dv6700 with Vista Home Premium 32bit
I tried the remove battery / eat ice cream. Ice cream was good, but
Icon still missing.
any help is appreciated.

PJ

--
sailor

peeanorun is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solution
I had the same problem with the power icon not showing up but I contacted an online technician and the instructions they gave me really worked.

1. Click on the start button
2. Go to the SEARCH box on the bottom and search under "Device". There you will see several options showing up. Click on "Device Manager".
3. Click on the "+" of System Devices.
4. There you will find something like "ACPI Fixed Tools" or something like that. It's the first one from the list.
5. Right click the ACPI and select "Uninstall".
6. Restart your computer. The ACPI will be automatically reinstalled.
7. Once your computer is restarted, click on the arrow button on the toolbar (lower right on the screen).
8. Select "Properties" and there you will see that your power icon has been activated so simply select "power" under system icons.
9. Now your power icon will appear.

I hope this helps!
sailor

Re: power icon lost/missing.

Thanks to the person who sent me the answer. For some strange reason, I
don't see it posted at present, but it worked.

Start- search "device"- click device manager- select"+" -ACPI FIXED, R
click,select uninstall -Restart -click toolbar arrow lower R -Properties
-Activate Power Icon - Restart.

It worked. Thanks, PJ

--
sailor

peeanorun is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm glad it worked out! I found that the HP online technician chat really helped a lot. You can ask them your problem and they'll give you a solution to it for free. I tried calling HP too but they didn't help much. Here's the link if you need it : Customer Service / Contact HP

Creating an account is easy and the serial and product number they ask is right on the bottom of your laptop. Anyways, glad it worked out and I hope you have a good day. )
rcarrosq

Re: power icon lost/missing.

sailor;787778 Wrote:
> Thanks to the person who sent me the answer. For some strange reason, I
> don't see it posted at present, but it worked.
>
> Start- search "device"- click device manager- select"+" -ACPI FIXED, R
> click,select uninstall -Restart -click toolbar arrow lower R -Properties
> -Activate Power Icon - Restart.
>
> It worked. Thanks, PJ

I took 2 turns today with HP chat and everything suggested here has
been tried. The last thing they had me do was the ACPI FIXED, etc and
although the battery icon appeared immediately, after I restarted my
notebook, it was gone again.

I've also taken the battery out and put it back in again after awhile,
I did the regedit thing and once again, the icon appeared immediately
but disappeared again at the next reboot. The next bit of advice HP
chat gave me was to reboot, hit F8 just before it starts up and then
choose "repair". I'm sort of leery of doing this but I think I'm out of
options. Maybe I'll just leave the notebook plugged up.....unless
somebody else has a better suggestion?

--
rcarrosq