A good backup software alternative that integrates with Prev. Vers

goodwill

A good backup software alternative that integrates with Prev. Vers
I think most Vista users agrees the new backup software is completely sucks
due to lack of file/folder selection. I want to get a better replacement but
I would like to have that integrate well with the previous versions feature (
that I personally think is a good feature) any good suggestion?
Falcon

Re: A good backup software alternative that integrates with Prev. Vers
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:15:19 -0800, goodwill
<goodwill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I think most Vista users agrees the new backup software is completely sucks
>due to lack of file/folder selection. I want to get a better replacement but
>I would like to have that integrate well with the previous versions feature (
>that I personally think is a good feature) any good suggestion?

Have you considered online backup? For $5/month at Moxy or Carbonite
you get unlimited storage. Moxy seems to have the top spot but I
like Carbonite as well. Having had backup media fail I decided to go
that route and no regrets.

--
Ciao,
Falcon
goodwill

Re: A good backup software alternative that integrates with Prev.
Sorry I don't think I will consider online backup as my primary backup
approach. As a supplementary maybe, but I am not too concerned about media
failure as long as they dont fail the same time (i.e. the primary HDD and the
failover). I tried Acronis too, the backup image part works great but the
search in backup archives functions are problematic- it takes way too long
(comparing to Previous Versions list in Vista) and even cancelling the search
does not terminate the reading to my USB HDD (the read light keep flashing)
so I have to finally shutdown my PC to take off my drive. Not a good
experience