Unwanted Process

Bogdan

Unwanted Process
Hi.
I saw in my Task Manager Processes the following process: "flashutil9e.exe".
I've search on the internet and I found something, that says is a virus. Can
be or not? I ask this because, I really don't remeber to install something
like this on my computer and why is that number in the name:
"flashutil9e.exe", i mean that "9"... ?
I am nervous because in the last three, four days i formated my hdd for many
times because of viruses... ...
Please, little help here...
Thanks.
Inti

RE: Unwanted Process
I'd install AVG Free edition:
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download...virus/us/frt/0

Hope it helps. Happy new year.

"Bogdan" wrote:

> Hi.
> I saw in my Task Manager Processes the following process: "flashutil9e.exe".
> I've search on the internet and I found something, that says is a virus. Can
> be or not? I ask this because, I really don't remeber to install something
> like this on my computer and why is that number in the name:
> "flashutil9e.exe", i mean that "9"... ?
> I am nervous because in the last three, four days i formated my hdd for many
> times because of viruses... ...
> Please, little help here...
> Thanks.

Malke

Re: Unwanted Process
Bogdan wrote:
> Hi.
> I saw in my Task Manager Processes the following process: "flashutil9e.exe".
> I've search on the internet and I found something, that says is a virus. Can
> be or not? I ask this because, I really don't remeber to install something
> like this on my computer and why is that number in the name:
> "flashutil9e.exe", i mean that "9"... ?
> I am nervous because in the last three, four days i formated my hdd for many
> times because of viruses... ...
> Please, little help here...
> Thanks.

According to a quick Google for "flashutil9e.exe", this file is most
likely connected with Adobe's Flash Player and not malware. That said,
malware can rename itself to anything.

I can't believe you've formatted your hard drive "for many times"! What
are you doing that you are continually getting infected (or think you
are)? While it has become more necessary now than it was in the past to
do a completely wipe/reinstall on computers infected with certain types
of malware, a clean install is still not the first step of malware
removal for a home machine.

To make sure your computer is clean, go through at least some of the
scanning procedures listed here:

To make sure you stay clean, practice "Safe Hex" as described on these
sites here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971 - So How Did I Get
Infected Anyway?
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
https://www.mysecurecyberspace.com/
http://www.getnetwise.org/
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm - The Parasite Fight
http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron.../05/82584.aspx - MVP
Harry Waldron - The Family PC - How to stay safe on the Internet
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm - Eric Howes on
Rogue Antispyware Programs

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Bruce Chambers

Re: Unwanted Process
Bogdan wrote:
> Hi.
> I saw in my Task Manager Processes the following process: "flashutil9e.exe".
> I've search on the internet and I found something, that says is a virus. Can
> be or not? I ask this because, I really don't remeber to install something
> like this on my computer and why is that number in the name:
> "flashutil9e.exe", i mean that "9"... ?
> I am nervous because in the last three, four days i formated my hdd for many
> times because of viruses... ...
> Please, little help here...
> Thanks.

What does your anti-virus application report? Probably nothing, as
that file is part of Adobe's Macromedia Flash Player's Help feature.

http://www.runscanner.net/process.as...lashutil9e.exe

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Lord Takyon

Re: Unwanted Process
"Bogdan" <Bogdan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE913AA6-E7F6-4B33-A880-084824E64CF4@microsoft.com...
> Hi.
> I saw in my Task Manager Processes the following process:
> "flashutil9e.exe".
> I've search on the internet and I found something, that says is a virus.
> Can
> be or not? I ask this because, I really don't remeber to install something
> like this on my computer and why is that number in the name:
> "flashutil9e.exe", i mean that "9"... ?
> I am nervous because in the last three, four days i formated my hdd for
> many
> times because of viruses... ...
> Please, little help here...
> Thanks.

Like others have said it appears to be linked to Adobe. How exactly do you
keep getting infected with viruses? Are you running any kind of security?

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.