IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

cab_cool

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
is there an update for the error above for 64 bit vista ultimate?
Richard G. Harper

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This error means that there is a problem with the driver in question, and
the cure regardless of what version of Windows, is to replace the driver
that is failing.

"cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there an update for the error above for 64 bit vista ultimate?

cab_cool

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
thats all well and good but i have already tried this and nothing has changed

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> This error means that there is a problem with the driver in question, and
> the cure regardless of what version of Windows, is to replace the driver
> that is failing.

> "cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there an update for the error above for 64 bit vista ultimate?

cab_cool

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
adding on from the last:
i have a gigabyte 8800gts with drivers released on the 20/12/07 downloaded
from the NVIDIA webstie.
a full list of problems and full specs on my newly built computer see message:
"vista is an old bomb of a car" and that 37 figure is out of 70 problem
reports

oh and as a side note how do i tell which driver is failing

Mark

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Of course knowing the stop code provided with each error would help.
For instance:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063&sd=RMVP

Or, if it is occurring after you come out of hibernation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941492/en-us

But, who ever goes to the knowledge base anymore when you can get all these
answers here?
I guess googling the error is just out of the question:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...requal-er.aspx http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_N..._OR_EQUAL.html (Note: Response 6) http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/w...orum/3770.html http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread45761.htmlThe knowledge base indicates there may be an actual hotfix to apply if thecase is specific to you, otherwise, it looks like you may have some hardwareissues (e.g. overheating.) But, I can't see your machine and don't reallyhave any details other than that error message."cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:3F5EF8D0-08F6-46D3-8EFB-D341E12C7209@microsoft.com...> is there an update for the error above for 64 bit vista ultimate?
Rick Rogers

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Hi,

> oh and as a side note how do i tell which driver is failing

If the stop error lists a module involved, then that is usually a big clue.
If not, you often have to scan through the dump file.

> a full list of problems and full specs on my newly built computer see
> message:
> "vista is an old bomb of a car" and that 37 figure is out of 70 problem
> reports

Vista isn't the problem. The problem is the drivers being used, many are
often non-compliant with or not designed specifically for Vista. Others that
are still often don't meet specifications.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> adding on from the last:
> i have a gigabyte 8800gts with drivers released on the 20/12/07 downloaded
> from the NVIDIA webstie.

Chris Blunt

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:05:01 -0800, cab_cool
<cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>thats all well and good but i have already tried this and nothing has changed

I used to get this BSOD error. It turned out to be a faulty memory
module. Try running a memory test program for a couple of hours.

>>"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

>> This error means that there is a problem with the driver in question, and
>> the cure regardless of what version of Windows, is to replace the driver
>> that is failing.

>> "cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > is there an update for the error above for 64 bit vista ultimate?

cab_cool

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
thanks i'll check it out

"Chris Blunt" wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:05:01 -0800, cab_cool
> <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >thats all well and good but i have already tried this and nothing has changed

> I used to get this BSOD error. It turned out to be a faulty memory
> module. Try running a memory test program for a couple of hours.
>

> >>"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> >> This error means that there is a problem with the driver in question, and
> >> the cure regardless of what version of Windows, is to replace the driver
> >> that is failing.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

cab_cool

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
how does that work cause i asked for drivers that work with 64 bit ultimate?
are you saying that they might have given xp drivers and said they work for
vista?

thanks for telling me how to identify which drivers fail

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > oh and as a side note how do i tell which driver is failing

> If the stop error lists a module involved, then that is usually a big clue.
> If not, you often have to scan through the dump file.
>
> > a full list of problems and full specs on my newly built computer see
> > message:
> > "vista is an old bomb of a car" and that 37 figure is out of 70 problem
> > reports

> Vista isn't the problem. The problem is the drivers being used, many are
> often non-compliant with or not designed specifically for Vista. Others that
> are still often don't meet specifications.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "cab_cool" <cabcool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > adding on from the last:
> > i have a gigabyte 8800gts with drivers released on the 20/12/07 downloaded
> > from the NVIDIA webstie.

cab_cool

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
here's the error code:
STOP: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFF80000000006, 0x000000000000000C,
0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF8000205CC2C)
these are my specs:
Q6600, p35c-ds3r, gigabyte 8800gts, 4x kingston 1066MHz 1gig RAM, seagate
7200rpm 750GB hard drive. also have 3 fans keeping to cool 1 for CPU + 2 for
case, none are overclocked