vista is an old bomb of a car

cab_cool

vista is an old bomb of a car
that is an accurate description of my computer.
my computer crashes, hangs, restarts without warning, games stop working
while playing them(this includes freecell and inkball, different sections if
vista stop working and restart. 37 of my problem reports are windows related
and none have a solution and the ones that it says have a solution don't make
difference(i have 3 of these)and relate to graphics card.

i would of least thought that a year after it was released there would be
only small or minor problems by now. yes i have all updates of all my
computer components including optional updates

here are specs:
Q6600, p35c-ds3r, 8800gts, 4GB of 1066MHz RAM, 64 bit vista ultimate, 750GB
hard drive
Redviper

Re: vista is an old bomb of a car

And you've formed to irrefutable opinion that that you're problems have
to be caused solely by Vista, yes? I won't insult your intelligence by
trying to offer "help", but I will say this, Vista runs fine on my box,
much more so than XPro ever did.

--
Redviper

Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
Antec Truepower 1000w
3xMemorex DL DVD burners
2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
1x500gig WD Mybook, Vista Ultimate x64
karen

RE: vista is an old bomb of a car
I am having the exact same problems with my computer. I was going to do a
system recovery. Do you think that would help or make the problem worse. I
am not a real computer wizard so I am not sure what to do. I have vista
premium.

"cab_cool" wrote:

> that is an accurate description of my computer.
> my computer crashes, hangs, restarts without warning, games stop working
> while playing them(this includes freecell and inkball, different sections if
> vista stop working and restart. 37 of my problem reports are windows related
> and none have a solution and the ones that it says have a solution don't make
> difference(i have 3 of these)and relate to graphics card.
>
> i would of least thought that a year after it was released there would be
> only small or minor problems by now. yes i have all updates of all my
> computer components including optional updates
>
> here are specs:
> Q6600, p35c-ds3r, 8800gts, 4GB of 1066MHz RAM, 64 bit vista ultimate, 750GB
> hard drive

Redviper

Re: vista is an old bomb of a car

Karen, a recovery won't hurt just keep in mind that it will recover to a
point before your last software/hardware install. If you had these
problems before you last installed something the issues will still be
there. IMO, you'd be better served by looking closely at your hardware
first, to make sure that it's well matched *and* modern enough to supply
what Vista needs.

Once you're confident of this, inventory your applications for Vista
compatibility as well.

--
Redviper

Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
4gig Corsair Readyboost
Antec Truepower 1000w
3xMemorex DL DVD burners
2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
1x500gig WD Mybook
cab_cool

Re: vista is an old bomb of a car
ok so title might of been a bit harsh (but i was venting). in anycase there
are another 33 problems that aren't related to vista.

> but I will say this, Vista runs fine on my box, much more so than XPro ever did.

this might be true for you but it isn't for me.

"Redviper" wrote:

> And you've formed to irrefutable opinion that that you're problems have
> to be caused solely by Vista, yes? I won't insult your intelligence by
> trying to offer "help",
>

> --
> Redviper
>
> Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
> EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
> 4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
> Antec Truepower 1000w
> 3xMemorex DL DVD burners
> 2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
> 1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
> 1x500gig WD Mybook, Vista Ultimate x64

Redviper

Re: vista is an old bomb of a car

I never intended to imply that we're experiencing the same thing when it
comes to Vista, cab. Obviously that isn't the case. My response was
offered to indicate that there are other things that need to be taken
into account when a rig isn't stable.

--
Redviper

Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
4gig Corsair Readyboost
Antec Truepower 1000w
3xMemorex DL DVD burners
2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
1x500gig WD Mybook
cab_cool

Re: vista is an old bomb of a car
this is the reason my computer is screwed up: i have memory problem that i'll
see the manufacturer about

"Redviper" wrote:

> I never intended to imply that we're experiencing the same thing when it
> comes to Vista, cab. Obviously that isn't the case. My response was
> offered to indicate that there are other things that need to be taken
> into account when a rig isn't stable.
>

> --
> Redviper
>
> Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
> EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
> 4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
> 4gig Corsair Readyboost
> Antec Truepower 1000w
> 3xMemorex DL DVD burners
> 2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
> 1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
> 1x500gig WD Mybook

cab_cool

"karen" wrote:

> I am having the exact same problems with my computer. I was going to do a
> system recovery. Do you think that would help or make the problem worse. I
> am not a real computer wizard so I am not sure what to do. I have vista
> premium.
>
> "cab_cool" wrote:
>
> > that is an accurate description of my computer.
> > my computer crashes, hangs, restarts without warning, games stop working
> > while playing them(this includes freecell and inkball, different sections if
> > vista stop working and restart. 37 of my problem reports are windows related
> > and none have a solution and the ones that it says have a solution don't make
> > difference(i have 3 of these)and relate to graphics card.
> >
> > i would of least thought that a year after it was released there would be
> > only small or minor problems by now. yes i have all updates of all my
> > computer components including optional updates
> >
> > here are specs:
> > Q6600, p35c-ds3r, 8800gts, 4GB of 1066MHz RAM, 64 bit vista ultimate, 750GB
> > hard drive

Lord Takyon

"Redviper" <Redviper.32kcp3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I never intended to imply that we're experiencing the same thing when it
> comes to Vista, cab. Obviously that isn't the case. My response was
> offered to indicate that there are other things that need to be taken
> into account when a rig isn't stable.
>

> --
> Redviper
>
> Q6600 (liquid), DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
> EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
> 4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
> 4gig Corsair Readyboost
> Antec Truepower 1000w
> 3xMemorex DL DVD burners
> 2x500gig SG (RAID 0)
> 1x300gig SG, 2x120gig SG (RAID 1)
> 1x500gig WD Mybook

In my experience system instability is usually not actually related to the
OS. More often than not it is spyware, a virus, faulty hardware or
something that has been done to it by the operator.

A large percentage of the time it is driver related.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.