avg

CUZZTOWN

avg
i have avg and it found a trojan horse(virus name : trojan horse
downloader.Small.60.Q) file name install 2650{1}.exe and a potentially
unwanted program (adware generic2.KBT) file name groove.x32 and it cant heal
them can someone help me how to remove this viruses from my laptop.. its
there a virus software that can remove them i went online to the MCFEE and i
scaned my c drive but in there it said it was ok what can i do???
--
hi
CB

RE: avg

"CUZZTOWN" wrote:

> i have avg and it found a trojan horse(virus name : trojan horse
> downloader.Small.60.Q) file name install 2650{1}.exe and a potentially
> unwanted program (adware generic2.KBT) file name groove.x32 and it cant heal
> them can someone help me how to remove this viruses from my laptop.. its
> there a virus software that can remove them i went online to the MCFEE and i
> scaned my c drive but in there it said it was ok what can i do???
> --
> hi

CUZZTOWN,

If you have AVG AV I just imagine the virus has been either deleted or moved
to quarrantine. What are the settings?

Have a nice day.

C.B.
CUZZTOWN

RE: avg
yes the got moved to quarintine
--
hi

"CB" wrote:

> "CUZZTOWN" wrote:
>
> > i have avg and it found a trojan horse(virus name : trojan horse
> > downloader.Small.60.Q) file name install 2650{1}.exe and a potentially
> > unwanted program (adware generic2.KBT) file name groove.x32 and it cant heal
> > them can someone help me how to remove this viruses from my laptop.. its
> > there a virus software that can remove them i went online to the MCFEE and i
> > scaned my c drive but in there it said it was ok what can i do???
> > --
> > hi

> CUZZTOWN,
>
> If you have AVG AV I just imagine the virus has been either deleted or moved
> to quarrantine. What are the settings?
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> C.B.

CB

RE: avg

"CUZZTOWN" wrote:

> yes the got moved to quarintine
> --
> hi

CUZZTOWN,

I'm glad you no longer have a problem. However, you stated that you went
online and ran an antivirus scan. If you do not have an AV program on your
computer you are at serious risk of infection in the future.

AVG and Avast offer free antivirus programs although I prefer the paid
version of NOD32. I would not use McAfee, Norton/Symantec or ZoneAlarm. They
cause more harm than good and use a lot of your system's resources. I have
also read many articles lately that say TrendMicro is now a resource hog so I
would not use it either.

Have a nice day.

C.B.
CUZZTOWN

RE: avg
yeah i feel u i got the avg professional edition... it says the files are
not healable...i heard panda is really good but they dont have one for vista
uhgg bumer what can u do??
--
hi

"CB" wrote:

> "CUZZTOWN" wrote:
>
> > yes the got moved to quarintine
> > --
> > hi
> >

> CUZZTOWN,
>
> I'm glad you no longer have a problem. However, you stated that you went
> online and ran an antivirus scan. If you do not have an AV program on your
> computer you are at serious risk of infection in the future.
>
> AVG and Avast offer free antivirus programs although I prefer the paid
> version of NOD32. I would not use McAfee, Norton/Symantec or ZoneAlarm. They
> cause more harm than good and use a lot of your system's resources. I have
> also read many articles lately that say TrendMicro is now a resource hog so I
> would not use it either.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> C.B.

Bob

Re: avg
Panda is available for Vista in the 2008 version. I am using it on 3 pc's
and no problems at all.