4 GO Ram limitations

Angelo100

4 GO Ram limitations
We see lots of messages on many forums related to people wondering why their
system does not show their full 4,0 GO. I have 4 GO on both my desktop and
laptop. It showed 3,325 GO on the desktop before I upgraded to SP1 RC. Now it
shows 4,0. Same thing happenned when I upgraded to 4 GO to my laptop. Since
SP1 RC was already installed, it showed 4 GO right off he bat.
I guess it only shows the total memory but still cannot use it since the
physical limitations are still there. Or are they? Of course I am using Vista
Business on both systems, x32 version .
Drew

Re: 4 GO Ram limitations
Someone really should explain what 4,0 GO is !!!

"Drew" wrote:

> Someone really should explain what 4,0 GO is !!!
>
> "Angelo100" <Angelo100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We see lots of messages on many forums related to people wondering why
> > their
> > system does not show their full 4,0 GO. I have 4 GO on both my desktop and
> > laptop. It showed 3,325 GO on the desktop before I upgraded to SP1 RC. Now
> > it
> > shows 4,0. Same thing happenned when I upgraded to 4 GO to my laptop.
> > Since
> > SP1 RC was already installed, it showed 4 GO right off he bat.
> > I guess it only shows the total memory but still cannot use it since the
> > physical limitations are still there. Or are they? Of course I am using
> > Vista
> > Business on both systems, x32 version .

Angelo100

RE: 4 GO Ram limitations
4 gigs of Ram, sorry!

"Angelo100" wrote:

> We see lots of messages on many forums related to people wondering why their
> system does not show their full 4,0 GO. I have 4 GO on both my desktop and
> laptop. It showed 3,325 GO on the desktop before I upgraded to SP1 RC. Now it
> shows 4,0. Same thing happenned when I upgraded to 4 GO to my laptop. Since
> SP1 RC was already installed, it showed 4 GO right off he bat.
> I guess it only shows the total memory but still cannot use it since the
> physical limitations are still there. Or are they? Of course I am using Vista
> Business on both systems, x32 version .

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: 4 GO Ram limitations
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:50:01 -0800, Angelo100
<Angelo100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> We see lots of messages on many forums related to people wondering why their
> system does not show their full 4,0 GO. I have 4 GO on both my desktop and
> laptop. It showed 3,325 GO on the desktop before I upgraded to SP1 RC. Now it
> shows 4,0. Same thing happenned when I upgraded to 4 GO to my laptop. Since
> SP1 RC was already installed, it showed 4 GO right off he bat.
> I guess it only shows the total memory but still cannot use it since the
> physical limitations are still there. Or are they?

Although I haven't seen SP1 RC1 yet, I believe that that's correct.
The reporting has changed, but the amount that's usable hasn't.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: 4 GO Ram limitations
"Angelo100" <Angelo100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We see lots of messages on many forums related to people wondering why
> their
> system does not show their full 4,0 GO. I have 4 GO on both my desktop and
> laptop. It showed 3,325 GO on the desktop before I upgraded to SP1 RC. Now
> it
> shows 4,0. Same thing happenned when I upgraded to 4 GO to my laptop.
> Since
> SP1 RC was already installed, it showed 4 GO right off he bat.
> I guess it only shows the total memory but still cannot use it since the
> physical limitations are still there. Or are they? Of course I am using
> Vista
> Business on both systems, x32 version .

MS did it to quell the gripes about 4gb not showing. So now it shows in
Windows but it still can't all be used by Windows.

--
Mike Hall - MVP