context menu doesn't appear sometimes

Inti

context menu doesn't appear sometimes
I have a new Fujitsu-Siemens PC with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Sometimes, when I right-click any item (folder or file) in Windows explorer,
the context menu doesn't appear or has less options than usual. I have to
close some windows (IE, Windows Mail, Windows Explorer...) to get the context
menu working again. But, a few minutes later, it doesn't work again, and I
have to close more windows... until I have no windows to close. Then, I have
to reboot.

This has happened to me many times. I've reinstalled Windows Vista but it
started to happen again.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Rick Rogers

Re: context menu doesn't appear sometimes
Hi,

Likely one of the context menu entries is causing a problem, this link may
help:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Inti" <Inti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Fujitsu-Siemens PC with Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> Sometimes, when I right-click any item (folder or file) in Windows
> explorer,
> the context menu doesn't appear or has less options than usual. I have to
> close some windows (IE, Windows Mail, Windows Explorer...) to get the
> context
> menu working again. But, a few minutes later, it doesn't work again, and I
> have to close more windows... until I have no windows to close. Then, I
> have
> to reboot.
>
> This has happened to me many times. I've reinstalled Windows Vista but it
> started to happen again.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks

Inti

Re: context menu doesn't appear sometimes
Thanks, I'll read it,

but I forgot to say that, besides context menus, when I click on any
application shortcut or double click on an .exe file in Windows Explorer, no
window is loaded either, unless I close one or several previously opened
windows.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Likely one of the context menu entries is causing a problem, this link may
> help:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Inti" <Inti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new Fujitsu-Siemens PC with Windows Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > Sometimes, when I right-click any item (folder or file) in Windows
> > explorer,
> > the context menu doesn't appear or has less options than usual. I have to
> > close some windows (IE, Windows Mail, Windows Explorer...) to get the
> > context
> > menu working again. But, a few minutes later, it doesn't work again, and I
> > have to close more windows... until I have no windows to close. Then, I
> > have
> > to reboot.
> >
> > This has happened to me many times. I've reinstalled Windows Vista but it
> > started to happen again.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> > Thanks

Inti

Re: context menu doesn't appear sometimes
Well, it seems Norton Internet Security was the problem. I comment this in a
post called "BlueScreen and Norton" in this discussion.