Backuping files in Windows Vista Home Premium

Inti

Backuping files in Windows Vista Home Premium
Hi. I've backup my files through Control panel/Backup and Restore Center, and
now that I've reinstalled Windows Vista (because my Norton Internet Security
Center stopped working and couldn't unistalled it), I've realized that my
..php files aren't in my backup. They must be there but aren´t. Does anybody
know anything about it? Are there bugs in Backup center?

Thanks
brink

Re: Backuping files in Windows Vista Home Premium

Inti;556605 Wrote:
> Hi. I've backup my files through Control panel/Backup and Restore
> Center, and
> now that I've reinstalled Windows Vista (because my Norton Internet
> Security
> Center stopped working and couldn't unistalled it), I've realized that
> my
> ..php files aren't in my backup. They must be there but aren´t. Does
> anybody
> know anything about it? Are there bugs in Backup center?
>
> Thanks

Hi Inti,

Since you reinstalled Vista the references to the backups will not be
there anymore, but your backups should still be in the saved location
unless you deleted that to. See if these two tutorials can help you.
See the Backup Location at the top.

Where did you save the backup files?

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...kup-files.html

and

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...kup-files.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Inti

Re: Backuping files in Windows Vista Home Premium
Hi brink, thanks for your answer,

Although I've reinstalled Windows Vista, I could locate my backup files
through "Backup and Restore Center", "Advanced Restore" link. Then I told
Windows the location of my backup files (an external HD drive) and I could
navigate through my backup folder tree. But I could restore everything but
(at least) my .php files, that don't appear in its backup folder (although
html files, e.g., do appear in it).

Inti

Inti;556854 Wrote:
> Hi brink, thanks for your answer,
>
> Although I've reinstalled Windows Vista, I could locate my backup files
> through "Backup and Restore Center", "Advanced Restore" link. Then I
> told
> Windows the location of my backup files (an external HD drive) and I
> could
> navigate through my backup folder tree. But I could restore everything
> but
> (at least) my .php files, that don't appear in its backup folder
> (although
> html files, e.g., do appear in it).
>
> Inti
>
> "brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Inti;556605 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Inti,
> > >
> > > Since you reinstalled Vista the references to the backups will not be
> > > there anymore, but your backups should still be in the saved location
> > > unless you deleted that to. See if these two tutorials can help you.
> > > See the Backup Location at the top.
> > >
> > > Where did you save the backup files?
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...kup-files.html
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...kup-files.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Inti,

I'm glad to hear you were able to do your restore. Sorry that your PHP
files did not make it.

If you have Vista Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise, you might do a
complete backup instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/99...-computer.html

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/99...-computer.html

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
RJL24

"brink" wrote:

> Inti;556854 Wrote:
> > Hi brink, thanks for your answer,
> >
> > Although I've reinstalled Windows Vista, I could locate my backup files
> > through "Backup and Restore Center", "Advanced Restore" link. Then I
> > told
> > Windows the location of my backup files (an external HD drive) and I
> > could
> > navigate through my backup folder tree. But I could restore everything
> > but
> > (at least) my .php files, that don't appear in its backup folder
> > (although
> > html files, e.g., do appear in it).

> Inti,
>
> I'm glad to hear you were able to do your restore. Sorry that your PHP
> files did not make it.
>
> If you have Vista Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise, you might do a
> complete backup instead.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/99...-computer.html
>

> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/99...-computer.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*

Why not try Sync Toy from MS a freeware. It works wonderfully and can be
used across two different external Hard Drives connected to your Vista
machine. Which is how my system is st up, using my C drive only for pOS and
programs . Try it, you may find it useful,

Robert