How long does backup take?

Frank

How long does backup take?
When writing this, I have spent over one hour trying to backup my files and
folders (not the complete system) under Vista Business, and the green
progress bar only shows under half done, and doesn't seem to be moving at
all.

Please could anyone tell me if it is common for backup taking such a long
time? Other than my picture and music libraries (less than 1 GB each), my
system does not contain too much documents. No heavy games or such like.

Thanks for your help.
Frank

RE: How long does backup take?
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm backing up to a CD-RW device.

"Frank" wrote:

> When writing this, I have spent over one hour trying to backup my files and
> folders (not the complete system) under Vista Business, and the green
> progress bar only shows under half done, and doesn't seem to be moving at
> all.
>
> Please could anyone tell me if it is common for backup taking such a long
> time? Other than my picture and music libraries (less than 1 GB each), my
> system does not contain too much documents. No heavy games or such like.
>
> Thanks for your help.

John Hanley

Re: How long does backup take?
I gave up on using CD's or DVD's for my backup destination; it took far too
long, required lots of attention [changing disks, etc], and almost always
produced errors. I bought an external USB hard drive for $60 and it was
good money spent for my backup destination.

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm backing up to a CD-RW device.
>
> "Frank" wrote:
>
>> When writing this, I have spent over one hour trying to backup my files
>> and
>> folders (not the complete system) under Vista Business, and the green
>> progress bar only shows under half done, and doesn't seem to be moving at
>> all.
>>
>> Please could anyone tell me if it is common for backup taking such a long
>> time? Other than my picture and music libraries (less than 1 GB each), my
>> system does not contain too much documents. No heavy games or such like.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.

Jonno

Re: How long does backup take?
It depends on what youre going to backup.
A large hard drive can seem to take for ever. Also what program you are
going to use to back up.
Ghost or True Image appear to be the best these days, and yes also large
USB hard drive seems to be the way to go.