removing unwanted items on system configuation..

mic9

removing unwanted items on system configuation..
hello...

my computer is having a error message when i open up my computer, because i
deleted the program so called "MSServer" because my anti virus detected it as
a virus and deleted it....

now, how can i remove that item on the system configuration at starup tab?
i unchecked it, but i want is fully remove.. how can i remove it if the file
is gone? plss, help..!!!

thank you
Max

Re: removing unwanted items on system configuation..
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
"mic9" <mic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello...
>
> my computer is having a error message when i open up my computer, because
> deleted the program so called "MSServer" because my anti virus detected it
> as
> a virus and deleted it....
>
> now, how can i remove that item on the system configuration at starup tab?
> i unchecked it, but i want is fully remove.. how can i remove it if the
> file
> is gone? plss, help..!!!
>

> thank you

Rick Rogers

Re: removing unwanted items on system configuation..
Hi,

Click start and type "regedit", then hit <enter>. Expand the branches at
left to these registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig

Check each one at a time by clicking on the Run key. Under the first two
keys, look for a string value in the right pane that has a line that tries
to load that file. If you find it, just delete that string value from the
right pane.

In the last key, it may exist as a subkey under one of the
MSConfig\Startupreg or other subkeys. Here you would delete that entire
subkey below that level that contains the unwanted entry.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mic9" <mic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello...
>
> my computer is having a error message when i open up my computer, because
> deleted the program so called "MSServer" because my anti virus detected it
> as
> a virus and deleted it....
>
> now, how can i remove that item on the system configuration at starup tab?
> i unchecked it, but i want is fully remove.. how can i remove it if the
> file
> is gone? plss, help..!!!
>

> thank you

mic9

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start and type "regedit", then hit <enter>. Expand the branches at
> left to these registry keys:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig
>
> Check each one at a time by clicking on the Run key. Under the first two
> keys, look for a string value in the right pane that has a line that tries
> to load that file. If you find it, just delete that string value from the
> right pane.
>
> In the last key, it may exist as a subkey under one of the
> MSConfig\Startupreg or other subkeys. Here you would delete that entire
> subkey below that level that contains the unwanted entry.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "mic9" <mic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello...
> >
> > my computer is having a error message when i open up my computer, because
> > deleted the program so called "MSServer" because my anti virus detected it
> > as
> > a virus and deleted it....
> >
> > now, how can i remove that item on the system configuration at starup tab?
> > i unchecked it, but i want is fully remove.. how can i remove it if the
> > file
> > is gone? plss, help..!!!
> >

> > thank you

thank you Rick Rogers... so solved my problem, Horay!

i found it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\MSConfig\Startupreg and delete it..

thank you so much...