Vista Service Pack 1 install

Ravel36

Vista Service Pack 1 install

Now I know this is still in the beta or pre-release stage, but I have it
installed on two different computers. One of which it works fine with no
problems, and the other I can't get it to recognize my bluetooth hub, my
Sata DVD/RW, or my usb drive.

The computer that works is built like this:
CPU Intel Q6600
MOBO EVGA 680I
RAM Corsair Dominator PC-1066 4gig
HD WD Raptor 150gig

It works fine under this setup with no issues at all.

The other pc that it doesnt work right on
CPU AMD Athlon 6000
Mobo ASUS Crosshair
Ram OCZ Extreme PC-8500 4 gig
HD Samsung 500gb

I had problems before I installed the service pack on this computer via
random freezes when clicking on items, and general slow downs. I
reinstalled Vista x64 bit prior to installing the SP, it was the first
thing that I installed. Other than the problems mentioned earlier it
runs faster than before with no freezes. I was starting to attribute it
to AMD's architecture, but I am not sure. Any ideas?

--
Ravel36
JW

Re: Vista Service Pack 1 install
I suggest that you try running Win Update again to see if there are any
better drivers available for the computer with the driver problems. On my
laptop where I used Win Update to update to SP1 RC1 it took at least 2 runs
of Win Update to get all my hardware working properly.
"Ravel36" <Ravel36.32b882@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Now I know this is still in the beta or pre-release stage, but I have it
> installed on two different computers. One of which it works fine with no
> problems, and the other I can't get it to recognize my bluetooth hub, my
> Sata DVD/RW, or my usb drive.
>
> The computer that works is built like this:
> CPU Intel Q6600
> MOBO EVGA 680I
> RAM Corsair Dominator PC-1066 4gig
> HD WD Raptor 150gig
>
> It works fine under this setup with no issues at all.
>
> The other pc that it doesnt work right on
> CPU AMD Athlon 6000
> Mobo ASUS Crosshair
> Ram OCZ Extreme PC-8500 4 gig
> HD Samsung 500gb
>
> I had problems before I installed the service pack on this computer via
> random freezes when clicking on items, and general slow downs. I
> reinstalled Vista x64 bit prior to installing the SP, it was the first
> thing that I installed. Other than the problems mentioned earlier it
> runs faster than before with no freezes. I was starting to attribute it
> to AMD's architecture, but I am not sure. Any ideas?
>

> --
> Ravel36

Ravel36

JW;555484 Wrote:
> I suggest that you try running Win Update again to see if there are any
> better drivers available for the computer with the driver problems. On
> my
> laptop where I used Win Update to update to SP1 RC1 it took at least 2
> runs
> of Win Update to get all my hardware working properly.
> "Ravel36" <Ravel36.32b882@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news:Ravel36.32b882@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >
> > >
> > > Now I know this is still in the beta or pre-release stage, but I have

> > it
> > > installed on two different computers. One of which it works fine with

> > no
> > > problems, and the other I can't get it to recognize my bluetooth hub,

> > my
> > > Sata DVD/RW, or my usb drive.
> > >
> > > The computer that works is built like this:
> > > CPU Intel Q6600
> > > MOBO EVGA 680I
> > > RAM Corsair Dominator PC-1066 4gig
> > > HD WD Raptor 150gig
> > >
> > > It works fine under this setup with no issues at all.
> > >
> > > The other pc that it doesnt work right on
> > > CPU AMD Athlon 6000
> > > Mobo ASUS Crosshair
> > > Ram OCZ Extreme PC-8500 4 gig
> > > HD Samsung 500gb
> > >
> > > I had problems before I installed the service pack on this computer

> > via
> > > random freezes when clicking on items, and general slow downs. I
> > > reinstalled Vista x64 bit prior to installing the SP, it was the

> > first
> > > thing that I installed. Other than the problems mentioned earlier it
> > > runs faster than before with no freezes. I was starting to attribute

> > it
> > > to AMD's architecture, but I am not sure. Any ideas?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Ravel36 > >

Yea I will give that a try

--
Ravel36
rwphilips@yahoo.com

Re: Vista Service Pack 1 install
Check your BIOS and see if there is an option for "Cool and Quiet".
If so, turn it off and see if that helps. It seems that Vista does not
work well with that AMD option... it may be only Vista 64, I'm not
sure. Let me know.

Richard

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:27:54 -0600, Ravel36