icons and text too large for my laptop

alonsopillo

icons and text too large for my laptop
somehow i can't get the originl appearance back on my screen everything is
blown up including pictures, icons, text and all information or pages are too
big ...........please help i think i've tried everything
Malke

Re: icons and text too large for my laptop
alonsopillo wrote:
> somehow i can't get the originl appearance back on my screen everything is
> blown up including pictures, icons, text and all information or pages are too
> big ...........please help i think i've tried everything

I can't guess what "tried everything" entails. It would have been really
nice if you had taken the time to tell us. It also would have been
useful to know what changed between the time things worked and the time
they didn't. So you may have already tried these things:

1. Change your resolution to the correct one for your laptop.
Start>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization. Click
Personalization and then click Display Settings. Under Resolution, move
the slider to the correct size. Your laptop's native resolution will be
in the documentation that came with your computer (which may be in a
file on the hard drive) and will also be on the computer mftr.'s tech
support site for your model.

2. If that doesn't work, do a System Restore to when things were right.
To run System Restore, go to the Start Orb and in the Start Search box
type "System Restore" without the quotes. System Restore will appear in
the Programs result. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the
wizard.

3. If that doesn't work, reinstall your video drivers. Since you have a
laptop, get the drivers from the laptop mftr.'s website for your
specific model computer. Or look at any driver CDs that may have come
with your computer.

4. If none of the above works, the video chip on the motherboard may
have failed. Contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support for repair/replacement.

If none of the above is applicable or is part of "tried everything", if
you want more help please see these links which will show you what
details to include in your next post:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: icons and text too large for my laptop
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 06:48:01 -0800, alonsopillo
<alonsopillo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> somehow i can't get the originl appearance back on my screen everything is
> blown up including pictures, icons, text and all information or pages are too
> big ...........please help i think i've tried everything

If you had told us what "everything" included, we would know what not
to suggest.

But in all probability, you are just running at a lower resolution
than you used to use. Right-click on the desktop, choose Properties,
and, on the Settings tab, move the Resolution slider to the right
until you find the resolution you like.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup