where did my hibernate logoff go?

anna

where did my hibernate logoff go?

I had a problem uninstalling Office 2007. It was installed as a trial
version on my new latop computer. Vista Home Premium [HP Pavillion]. I
downloaded msicuu2.exe installer clean up tool and ran it. Then I was able
to uninstall Office 2007 Home and Student trial version. Now as I am
logging of tonight, I see I don't have a full logoff menu. I especially use
hibernate all the time but it isn't there. What happened? And can I get it
back? The clean up tool had to remove it.

I also ran disk cleanup to remove old install files and junk files before
running the msicuu2.exe tool. I did nothing eles.

--
Sally
aka @nna

anna

Re: where did my hibernate logoff go?
I fixed it myself. Thank goodness for the online Vista geeks that post
fixes.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
"If you've found that your Hibernate option is missing from Windows Vista,
it might be from running the disk cleanup wizard and removing the hibernate
files. This is due to a known bug in Vista that might not have been hotfixed
already."

Type cmd into the start menu search box, and use Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open in
administrator mode. You can also right-click the item in the menu and choose
Run as Administrator.

From the command Prompt type "powercfg /hibernate on" without the "". and
voila, hibernate is back even before a reboot. But reboot anyway.

--
Sally
aka @nna

"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message

> I had a problem uninstalling Office 2007. It was installed as a trial
> version on my new latop computer. Vista Home Premium [HP Pavillion]. I
> downloaded msicuu2.exe installer clean up tool and ran it. Then I was
> able to uninstall Office 2007 Home and Student trial version. Now as I am
> logging of tonight, I see I don't have a full logoff menu. I especially
> use hibernate all the time but it isn't there. What happened? And can I
> get it back? The clean up tool had to remove it.
>
> I also ran disk cleanup to remove old install files and junk files before
> running the msicuu2.exe tool. I did nothing eles.
>
> --
> Sally
> aka @nna

brink

anna;555093 Wrote:
> I had a problem uninstalling Office 2007. It was installed as a trial
> version on my new latop computer. Vista Home Premium [HP Pavillion]. I
> downloaded msicuu2.exe installer clean up tool and ran it. Then I was
> able
> to uninstall Office 2007 Home and Student trial version. Now as I am
> logging of tonight, I see I don't have a full logoff menu. I especially
> use
> hibernate all the time but it isn't there. What happened? And can I get
> it
> back? The clean up tool had to remove it.
>
> I also ran disk cleanup to remove old install files and junk files
> before
> running the msicuu2.exe tool. I did nothing eles.
>
> --
> Sally
> aka @nna

Hi Sally,

I'm not sure where you mean that this Hibernate logoff is. Here are
some options for you in the mean time.

1. LogOff in the Start menu

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...dd-remove.html

2. Hibernate shortcut icon

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/74022-hibernate.html

3. Power button on the Case or Start menu as Sleep, Hibernate, or
Shutdown option.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...er-button.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Michael Walraven

Re: where did my hibernate logoff go?
SYMPTOMS
After you use the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows Vista, you may experience the
following symptoms:. You cannot see the Hibernate option in Power Options.
.. When you use the sleep feature, the computer does not recover its settings
if power is lost.

Back to the top

CAUSE
This problem occurs when the Disk Cleanup Tool disables the hibernation
file. The hibernation file must be enabled to access the hybrid sleep
feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista.

When the hibernation file is disabled, and the hybrid sleep feature is
enabled, a backup of open programs and open files will not be saved to the
disk when you use the sleep feature in Windows Vista. Additionally, if the
computer loses power while the Windows is in sleep mode, open programs and
open files will not be recovered, and any unsaved work will be lost.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Windows Vista, run the powercfg -h on command at
a command prompt to enable the hibernate feature and the hybrid sleep
feature. To run this command, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click All
Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, click Run as administrator, type powercfg -h
on, and then press ENTER.