Vista Makes my Comp Overheat

TheNinthWonder

Vista Makes my Comp Overheat
Before i had vista With XP my comp never use to over heat use to stay 36°
celsius or lower Now since i got XP my comp runs at 39° celsius or higher
and my comp freezes when it hits 40 or higher is there any way that i can
switch back to XP? or anyway to fix the prob non-money wise?
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Makes my Comp Overheat
Hi,

First check for updated drivers for the system motherboard, that may be all
that's needed.

Failing that, returning to XP means either doing a clean install with your
XP media disk, or using the procedure described here if you upgraded and
have the windows.old folder still on the drive:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168

Another, not too costly alternative, is to simply add some case fans, both
intake and output.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TheNinthWonder" <TheNinthWonder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before i had vista With XP my comp never use to over heat use to stay 36°
> celsius or lower Now since i got XP my comp runs at 39° celsius or
> higher
> and my comp freezes when it hits 40 or higher is there any way that i can
> switch back to XP? or anyway to fix the prob non-money wise?

David

Re: Vista Makes my Comp Overheat
Something is amiss here. 40 deg C (104 deg F) is simply not that hot for a
computer and it should not shut down or freeze at that temp. I've run them
in the high 50s (AMD Athlon - not overclocked) with nary a hiccup.

Sometime the BIOS has high temp setting, above which the computer will shut
down to protect the CPU. If yours has this setting, I suggest you raise it
several degrees. Unless you are overclocking, your computer should run
nicely at a temp well above 40 deg C.

"TheNinthWonder" <TheNinthWonder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before i had vista With XP my comp never use to over heat use to stay 36°
> celsius or lower Now since i got XP my comp runs at 39° celsius or higher
> and my comp freezes when it hits 40 or higher is there any way that i can
> switch back to XP? or anyway to fix the prob non-money wise?

f/fgeorge

Re: Vista Makes my Comp Overheat
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:30:02 -0800, TheNinthWonder
<TheNinthWonder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Before i had vista With XP my comp never use to over heat use to stay 36
>celsius or lower Now since i got XP my comp runs at 39 celsius or higher
>and my comp freezes when it hits 40 or higher is there any way that i can
>switch back to XP? or anyway to fix the prob non-money wise?

I have over 20 pcs here at home, all running. The computer I am typing
this on is an XP computer but the Intel cpu is running at 79c(174f)
and the motherboard is running at 37c(99f). Your system is having
problems unrelated to Vista! My computers run this warm all the time.
I run a distributed computing program that runs the cpu at 100%
24/7/365! They have been running this way since 1999, no problems.
Electric bill can be a bit high, but that is a whole other issue.
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista Makes my Comp Overheat
clean your fans, cpu and case.
can use CANNED air or tweezers and a soft brush, like electric razor cleaning brush.

be sure power is off before attempting cleaning.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com