Downloading Itunes to Vista...

Rica

Downloading Itunes to Vista...
I've been trying to download Itunes to my laptop and the end results are
always the same that it's "not a valid Win32 application." Now I made sure
when I downloaded it that it was for a pc not mac. And I also downloaded it 3
different times just in case something went wrong with the installing
process. I went to apple.com and their no help...Please your my last hope!
That Guy

Re: Downloading Itunes to Vista...
Running itunes on two vista computers, 32 bit and 64. Download and save.
Then open folder and run as administrator.

"Rica" <Rica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to download Itunes to my laptop and the end results are
> always the same that it's "not a valid Win32 application." Now I made sure
> when I downloaded it that it was for a pc not mac. And I also downloaded
> it 3
> different times just in case something went wrong with the installing
> process. I went to apple.com and their no help...Please your my last hope!

Rica

Re: Downloading Itunes to Vista...
How do you run it as administrator?...

"That Guy" wrote:

> Running itunes on two vista computers, 32 bit and 64. Download and save.
> Then open folder and run as administrator.
>
> "Rica" <Rica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been trying to download Itunes to my laptop and the end results are
> > always the same that it's "not a valid Win32 application." Now I made sure
> > when I downloaded it that it was for a pc not mac. And I also downloaded
> > it 3
> > different times just in case something went wrong with the installing
> > process. I went to apple.com and their no help...Please your my last hope!

Rica

Re: Downloading Itunes to Vista...
actually I just found out but still the same message still pops up...

"That Guy" wrote:

> Running itunes on two vista computers, 32 bit and 64. Download and save.
> Then open folder and run as administrator.
>
> "Rica" <Rica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been trying to download Itunes to my laptop and the end results are
> > always the same that it's "not a valid Win32 application." Now I made sure
> > when I downloaded it that it was for a pc not mac. And I also downloaded
> > it 3
> > different times just in case something went wrong with the installing
> > process. I went to apple.com and their no help...Please your my last hope!

RobertB

Re: Downloading Itunes to Vista...
Hi Rica,

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having a similar problem today and the
support sites don't have any entries other than yours and one other posted by
someone just yesterday

Robert B.

"Rica" wrote:

> actually I just found out but still the same message still pops up...
>
> "That Guy" wrote:
>
> > Running itunes on two vista computers, 32 bit and 64. Download and save.
> > Then open folder and run as administrator.
> >
> > "Rica" <Rica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I've been trying to download Itunes to my laptop and the end results are
> > > always the same that it's "not a valid Win32 application." Now I made sure
> > > when I downloaded it that it was for a pc not mac. And I also downloaded
> > > it 3
> > > different times just in case something went wrong with the installing
> > > process. I went to apple.com and their no help...Please your my last hope!

Dave T.

Rica wrote:
> actually I just found out but still the same message still pops up...

Are you certain you downloaded the correct version? Are you running 32
bit or 64 bit Vista?

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin